- #K19654 000001000 K19654000001000
Epiphone Mayfair 5-String Banjo
- Write a Review
Epiphone's Mayfair 5-String Banjo is a recreation of the historic first-generation masterpiece from the 1920s that helped to make the "House of Stath...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Reminiscent of banjos from Epiphone's renowned past.
Epiphone's Mayfair 5-String Banjo is a recreation of the historic first-generation masterpiece from the 1920s that helped to make the "House of Stathopoulo" one of the premier instrument makers in New York and around the world. Its features include a mahogany resonator with historic Mayfair inlay design, mahogany neck, traditional headstock design, and Remo head.
The Mayfair 5-String Banjo has the familiar 5-string profile but with the classic Epiphone detail that made the “House of Stathopoulo” the premier banjo maker of its day. The Mayfair features a mahogany resonator with the historic Mayfair banner design in pearloid, blue, red and surrounded by period-correct pearloid binding. On the front is a nickel armrest and an industry-standard Remo head which provides maximum volume and tone along with a hard maple bridge with an ebony cap, and a traditional “clamshell” design tailpiece.
The mahogany neck has single-layer binding and a traditional “C” shape with dual coordinator rods for full and even intonation everywhere on the neck. The fingerboard has 22 frets and traditional Epiphone “Snowflake” fingerboard inlay with the historic “Epiphone” logo at the end of the fingerboard. The headstock has traditional Epiphone banjo tuners as well as a 1920s-style headstock profile with a perfect recreation of the era’s Mayfair logo in pearloid, red, and green and the iconic Epiphone banner logo in black and gold.
Like all Epiphones, the Mayfair 5-String Banjo comes with a limited lifetime warranty and world-famous Gibson 24/7/365 Customer Service.
Epiphone Banjo Company
In the 1920s, Epiphone’s founder Epi Stathopoulo worked hard to bring the Stathopoulo family business into the thriving musical world of Manhattan. Jazz was the defining music of the time and prior to the introduction of the Epiphone Masterbilt guitar series, the banjo was the main rhythm instrument of jazz bands. Thanks to Epi Stathopoulo’s many banjo patents and his keen sense of design, Epiphone’s new line of modern banjos quickly became the industry standard, respected for their full tonal range, great intonation, craftsmanship and ornate designs.
- Dual coordinator rod Falling Snowflake fingerboard inlay Historic Epiphone headstock Traditional clamshell tailpiece One-layer fingerboard binding Nickel-plated metal armrest One-layer black truss rod cover Nickel hardware
Order this cool looking banjo today.
- Body type: Banjo
- Head: Remo
- Back and sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Not applicable
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C
- Nut width: 1.25 in.
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 26.4 in.
- Number of frets: 22
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: Pearloid
- Tuning machines: Traditional banjo
- Bridge: Hard maple
- Saddle and nut: Artificial bone
- Number of strings: 5
- Special features:
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: Not specified
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.