- J25523 000001000 J25523000001000
Gold Tone Dulciborn Dulcimer
- Write a Review
With the Dulciborn, Gold Tone enters the dulcimer world. Gold Tone's owner Robyn Rogers, a gifted Appalachian dulcimer player in his own right, alway...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A unique take on this instrument that is pure Americana.
With the Dulciborn, Gold Tone enters the dulcimer world. Gold Tone's owner Robyn Rogers, a gifted Appalachian dulcimer player in his own right, always wanted to include a dulcimer in their catalog of folk instruments. Gold-Tone's lap-style Weissenborn guitars are some of the more unique sounding hollowbody instruments in the acoustic world, so it was natural for them to try a plucked-style dulcimer fingerboard and tuning using the same body type, thus the “Dulciborn” was born.
Since the dulcimer uses light gauge strings, they were able to reduce the bracing size and use a very responsive Sitka spruce top. Compared to a typical cherry wood or mahogany hourglass shape dulcimer, the Dulciborn is louder, has better bass response, and it has strings attached to the bridge pins to actually provide the top with greater energy and vibration. The maple binding, gold hardware, and highly figured rosewood laminate back and sides truly sets this instrument apart. Many traditional appointments were kept, like a scalloped fingerboard, 27″ scale, bone nut and saddle, and traditional fret spacing. So even if you already own an Appalachian dulcimer, the Dulciborn is a must-have. It is played exactly like conventional dulcimers, but with a fresh look and full-bodied tone. Includes hardshell case.
- Sides: Rosewood
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Top: Solid Sitka spruce
- Sides: Rosewood
- Back: Rosewood
- Body Binding: Curly maple
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dot
- Wood Finish: Natural Gloss
- Nut: Bone
- Tuners: Grover Tuners; 14:1 Gear Ratio
- Strings: DADD - .024w, .016, .011, .011
- Plating: Triple-Plated Gold
- Scale: 27"
- Weight: 5.2 lb.
Order this sweet dulcimer today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.