- J25527 000001000 J25527000001000
Gold Tone Plucky 5-String Travel Banjo
- Write a Review
A true backpacker weighing in at only two pounds, the Plucky 5-String may be tuned in open C (CGCEG) or open D (DADF#A). The neck width is similar to...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The ultimate travel banjo.
A true backpacker weighing in at only two pounds, the Plucky 5-String may be tuned in open C (CGCEG) or open D (DADF#A). The neck width is similar to a full-size banjo for ease of fingering and its low string action allows great playability. Perfect for the young child, on the trail, or cuddling up with on the couch. It's set up perfectly at the Gold Tone Factory in Florida just like the big boys.
If you are playing with others and need to tune to standard G, the string gauges may be changed to the following: .016, .034, .024, .019, .016.
Includes a carrying bag.
- Neck: Maple
- Bridge: Maple with ebony cap; 5/8"
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Rim: 8" Multi-ply
- Fingerboard Inlay: Dot
- Wood Finish: Vintage Brown
- Nut: Composite
- Rim: 8" Maple
- Tailpiece: No Knot Tailpiece
- Strings: CGCEG - .010, .024w, .016, .013, .010
- Plating: Chrome
- Tension Hoop: Steel
- Tuners: Guitar-Style, Covered
- Scale: 15-7/8"
- Weight: 2.1 lb.
- Nut Width: 1-5/16"
- Frets: 21 Medium
- Head Size: 8'' HC Smooth
- Total Length: 25-1/2"
Lightweight banjo for going wherever you want to go.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Lots of fun
- Nice sound
- Very portable
- Well made
- Frets too close for up the neck playing
- Key of C instead of G
- Needs tuning frequently
- Backpack/travel banjo. Can take on motorcycle
- Like a fidget spinner - something to keep busy
Comments about Gold Tone Plucky 5-String Travel Banjo:
This little banjo is lots of fun and easy to play. Sound quality is good. A lot easier than dragging along the full size banjo. Great for motorcycling musicians - ride to a park, then break out the plucky and relax a while. The biggest drawback is the key of C. All the songs you usually play are now too high to sing. Can be remedied with heavier strings - haven't tried yet. The frets get really close up the neck - hard to play with adult-sized fingers. Also needs tuning more often than a full-size banjo. Overall, you get an awful lot of fun for a decent price, especially with a coupon code