- H92951 000001000 H92951000001000
Gretsch Guitars G9311 New Yorker Supreme Acoustic-Electric Mandolin
- Write a Review
Announcing the return of the Gretsch New Yorker Mandolin. Styled after the 1950's classic, these modern-day versions offer full-bodied tone, smooth p...Read More
Announcing the return of the Gretsch New Yorker Mandolin. Styled after the 1950's classic, these modern-day versions offer full-bodied tone, smooth playing performance and eye-stopping beauty you'd expect from Gretsch. The G9310 New Yorker Supreme features all solid mahogany top, back, and sides; mahogany neck; rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlays, rosewood bridge; Grover machine heads; vintage "clam-shell" tailpiece; nickel hardware; 13-7/8" scale; 1-1/16" nut; antique semi-gloss mahogany finish.
Case sold separately.
Full-bodied tone, smooth playing performance and eye-stopping beauty.
- Solid mahogany top, back, and sides
- Mmahogany neck
- Rosewood fingerboard with pearl dot inlays
- Rosewood bridge
- Grover machine heads
- Vintage "clam-shell" tailpiece
- Nickel hardware
- 13-7/8" scale
- 1-1/16" nut
Enjoy vintage style and modern playability. Order today.
G9311 New Yorker Supreme Acoustic-Electric Mandolin
- Body Shape: Mandolin
- Body Back: Solid Mahogany
- Body Sides: Solid Mahogany
- Body Top: Solid Mahogany
- Body Finish: Antique Semi-Gloss
- Bracing: Tone Bar
- F Holes Sound Holes: "F" Hole
- Body Depth: 1.875" (48 mm)
- Body Length: 13.25" (337 mm)
- Neck Shape: Vintage "U"
- Number of Frets: 20 (12 to body)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Fretboard: Rosewood
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Finish: Antique Semi-Gloss
- Nut Width: 1.043" (26.5 mm)
- Scale Length: 13.875" (352 mm)
- Headstock: 1950's Gretsch
- Truss Rods: Dual-Action Head Adjust
- Truss Rod Nut: Hex
- Hardware Finish: Nickel-Plated
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Tuning Machines: Grover Sta-Tite Die-Cast
- Strings: D'Addario J73 Phosphor Bronze, Light, (.010-.038 Gauges)
- Additional Comments: Rosewood Compensated Saddle, Vintage Clamshell Tailpiece
- Case Gig Bags: Optional Gig Bag #099-6482-000
- Pickguard: Faux Tortoiseshell
- Included Accessories: Truss Rod Wrench
Review Snapshotby PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Outstanding Tone
- Solid Craftsmanship
- Vintage Vibe
- Tight Fit In Most Cases
Comments about Gretsch Guitars G9311 New Yorker Supreme Acoustic-Electric Mandolin:
I just had to add a review for this well made, all solid tone wood beauty for those looking at the plywood models. Hold out and save up a little extra to buy this mando! I researched MANY "affordable" mandolins till my eyes crossed, and let me say that there wasn't anything close in quality at this price, especially solid wood. And as far as solid vs ply, there is a wide world of diffence. I've played a Fender and Washburn with solid tops but ply bodies, and the Gretsch is warm and loud compared to the dull flat sound of the others. The sustain is impressive for such a little instrument, tones ring out and just hang there. Very gothic, old music box sound.
Be aware if you are the type to get a case with your purchase because the G9311 WILL NOT FIT in a flat A style case. You have to at least go for an arch top style, you won't be able to close the lid. Bought a cheap one and had to return, btw the Gator Journeyman case is a perfect fit both physically and stylistically.