- #584344 000832000 584344000832000
Hohner 1896 Marine Band Low Tuned Harmonica
- Write a Review
The low tuned Hohner Marine Band offers one lower octave than standard-tuned harmonicas in the same key. The low-tuned Hohner 1896 Marine Band Harmo...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A well-known, precisely crafted, historic harmonica in low tuning with a pearwood comb and amazing tone.
The low tuned Hohner Marine Band offers one lower octave than standard-tuned harmonicas in the same key. The low-tuned Hohner 1896 Marine Band Harmonica follows in the footsteps of harps played by world-famous musicians like John Lennon, Bruce Springsteen, Little Walter, and Paul Butterfield. The Hohner Marine Band is a number-one choice among top professionals and one of the most recognizable harmonicas all over the world. Known for its full tone, wood comb, and its patented cover plates, the Marine Band harmonica was there when harmonica blues was born. The Marine Band harp is a results of over 100 years of Hohner tradition and German craftsmanship.
Choose your desired low key!
Hohner is a family company founded in 1857 in Trossingen, Germany by Matthias Hohner. Hand-made quality and close attention to detail has set Hohner apart from the beginning. A top leading brand in harmonicas, Hohner harps are distributed worldwide. Hohner harmonicas are played on the street by buskers, in intimate nightclubs, on festival stages, and even in Carnegie Hall. Despite a diverse harmonica line used in music from country to classical genres, the most famous Hohner harmonicas are their simple, 10-hole diatonics used frequently by blues, rock, country, and folk musicians.
- 10-hole diatonic
- Tuned an octave below standard (RIchter) in same key
- Reeds: 20
- Reedplates: Brass; 0.9 mm
- Pearwood comb
- Length: 10cm
- Hohner harmonicas feature:
- Improved reed profiles to increase reed life by over 200%
- Precision die punches to ensure reed plates with unparalleled air tightness
- Improved tuning accuracy (through investment in innovative new tools)
- Extremely stable stainless steel covers that won't tarnish and are easy to clean
- Dynamic range and highest volume of most any commercially made harmonica
- Super-fast response at all volume levels
- Easily adjustability for overblows
- A unique Hohner sound that is a tone benchmark for blues, folk, and rock
Play the Marine Band harmonica and be a part of history when you order today.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Play
- Quality Craftsmanship
- Rich Sound
- Warm Tone
- Jazz Clubs
- School Bands
- Small Venues
Comments about Hohner 1896 Marine Band Low Tuned Harmonica:
Good harmonica. I bought it because of the low tunning that was available. Old design and that will be the problem for some people. Read plates protrude and makes it kind of uncomfortable to play. (comparatively speaking). Real down side is that it's nailed together and you WILL have to dissamble it eventualy.Not a bad price for a low tuned harp but otherwise it would not be worth the price.