- Product 584371
Hohner Marine Band Deluxe Harmonica M2005 Low Tuning
- Write a Review
The Marine Band Deluxe Low Tuning harmonica is made in low tuning, which means that it offers one lower octave than a standard-tuned harmonica in the...Read More
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
The Marine Band Deluxe Low Tuning harmonica is made in low tuning, which means that it offers one lower octave than a standard-tuned harmonica in the same key. The Hohner Marine Band Deluxe Harmonica is a contemporary addition to Hohner's Marine Band legacy. Combining the features of the legendary Marine Band harmonica with a variety of state-of-the-art improvements, the Marine Band Deluxe Harmonica produces greater volume and faster response while retaining the richness and power of the Marine Band harmonica's classic sound. The deluxe Marine Band harmonica is equipped with a sealed pearwood comb and rounded channel openings and outer corners for greater playing comfort. Assembled with 3 reedplate screws and 4 cover screws to make it airtight and easy to service.
For more than 100 years, the Hohner Marine Band harmonica has been the favorite of renowned artists like Little Walter, Paul Butterfield, and Kim Wilson. Since 1896, discerning professional harmonica players in search of an unmistakable and unique sound have played the Marine Band as their instrument-of-choice.
In addition, this Hohner Marine Band Deluxe comes in sealed, blister packaging which has several advantages. As the harmonicas are sealed, they are guaranteed to never have been played or tampered with. Additionally, there is useful product information on the package card, for example, a key chart telling players which key of harmonica to use for certain songs if they wish to play in crossharp or 2nd position, which is the default position for blues and rock 'n' roll. Lastly, blister packaging can include added items, such as small booklets on the history of the harmonica, or a mini catalog showing other Hohner harmonicas, accessories, and merchandise.
Hohner is a family company founded in 1857 in Trossingen, Germany by Matthias Hohner. Hand-made quality and close attention to detail has set Hohner apart from the beginning. A top leading brand in harmonicas, Hohner harps are distributed worldwide. Hohner harmonicas are played on the street by buskers, in intimate nightclubs, on festival stages, and even in Carnegie Hall. Despite a diverse harmonica line used in music from country to classical genres, the most famous Hohner harmonicas are their simple, 10-hole diatonics used frequently by blues, rock, country, and folk musicians.
A back-to-the-roots harmonica combined with state-of-the-art technology.
- 10-hole diatonic
- Low tuning (one octave lower than standard in the same key)
- Reeds: 20
- Reedplates: brass; 0.9 mm
- Sealed pearwood comb
- Length: 10 cm
- Key features of the Marine Band Deluxe include:
- Classic Marine Band sound
- Improved cover design for greater volume and enhanced stability
- Assembled with 3 reedplate screws and 4 cover screws to maximize airtightness and facilitate maintenance (making it service-friendly)
- Sealed pearwood comb
- Rounded channel openings and outer corners for greater playing comfort
- Hohner harmonicas feature:
- Improved reed profiles to increase reed life by over 200%
- Precision die punches to ensure reed plates with unparalleled air tightness
- Improved tuning accuracy (through investment in innovative new tools)
- Extremely stable stainless steel covers that won't tarnish and are easy to clean
- Dynamic range and highest volume of most any commercially made harmonica
- Super-fast response at all volume levels
- Easily adjustability for overblows
Become a part of harmonica history but with greater improvements on your sound when you order today.