- #J33897 000002000 J33897000002000
Kala 1KOA-S Elite Soprano Ukelele
- Write a Review
The Kala Elite Ukulele captures the eye with their striking beauty. Kala are using Solid Hawaiian Koa for all of their current offerings. They use a ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Finely crafted in the USA.
The Kala Elite Ukulele captures the eye with their striking beauty. Kala are using Solid Hawaiian Koa for all of their current offerings. They use a modern UV finishing process that brings out the unique appearance of each instrument with incredible clarity.
The UV finish is sprayed on in thin coats and uses far less material than a typical lacquered instrument. In essence, a UV finish is far less impactful to our environment than other finishes. It also keeps the instrument lightweight while providing a very hard durable finish.
The Kala Elite Ukulele are created to produce the fullest, richest and warmest sound. The tops are built to resonate in sympathy with the entire instrument. The braces are designed to reduce weight while giving the instrument proper strength and stability. The back is slightly arched to focus the sound up and out of the instrument.
The Fluorocarbon strings provide a clear, bell-like sound. Kala use the string-through bridge string tying method. Instead of the string being tied on top of the bridge, the string is knotted at the end. This makes contact with the underside of the bridge thus; transferring the string vibration more effectively to the top. This “vibration transfer” is key to allowing maximum resonance. In essence a Kala Elite Ukulele is created to be like an audio speaker cabinet - projecting sound, tone and musical nuance to the hearer.
The Kala Elite Ukulele are purposefully designed and engineered to feel amazing and play easily. The fret spacing, nut placement, and saddle positioning are all calculated to give the Kala Elite Ukulele the best intonation available on any Ukulele on the planet. This in combination with the Kala 16:1 and 14:1 ratio tuners and Fluorocarbon strings allow these ukes the freedom to play tunes…in tune.
The Honduran mahogany neck has been contoured and tapered to fit in your hand smoothly, comfortably with plenty of access to low and high note.
Every instrument is completely built, set up, and inspected at Kala ensuring you are getting an instrument that has been built to be one of the finest ukulele on the planet in the way that it looks, the way that it is designed and in the way that it sounds when its played.
Includes hardshell case.
- Top: Solid Hawaiian Koa
- Back & Sides: Solid Hawaiian Koa
- Fingerboard & Bridge: Indian Rosewood & Mahogany
- Fingerboard Width: 1-3/8" Soprano
- Fret Position Markers: Oval Pearl
- Tuners: Kala Open Gear Vintage Tuners
- Nut & Saddle: Graphtech TUSQ Nut & Bone Saddle
- Strings: Kala Fluorocarbon
Own a ukulele that will last a lifetime. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.