- H92885 000001000 H92885000001000
Martin 1T IZ Tenor Ukulele
- Write a Review
A tribute to one of the most revered musicians in Hawaiian history, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, aka Iz, Martin's IT IZ Tenor Ukulele features a beautiful ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The legend of Iz lives on with this gorgeous solid quilted mahogany ode to the Hawaiian singer.
- The Martin Archives
- Behind The Bricks - A Look Inside C.F. Martin & Co.
- Behind The Bricks - Fretting & Dovetail Neck Joint
- Behind The Bricks - Final Fit & Inspection
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Inside his personal collection at the Martin Museum
- Chris Martin's Private Tour - Part 2
- Behind The Martin Archives - An exclusive look at rare Martin artifacts presented by Dick Boak
- The Faces of C.F. Martin & Co.
A tribute to one of the most revered musicians in Hawaiian history, Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, aka Iz, Martin's IT IZ Tenor Ukulele features a beautiful solid quilted mahogany body with an East Indian rosewood headplate adorned with "IZ" inlaid in Hawaiian koa and a hibiscus flower inlaid in pink awabi pearl. As beautiful as the music he made, this uke is sure to impress with its looks as well as its sound.
Includes Nex Gen ZG Case.
- Model: 1T IZ Tenor Uke
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/ Applied Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: Tenor Ukulele
- Top: Solid Quilted Mahogany
- Rosette: Single Ring - Multiple Black/White Fiber
- Top Bracing Pattern: Tenor Ukelele
- Top Braces: Non Scalloped
- Back Material: Solid Quilted Mahogany
- Side Material: Solid Quilted Mahogany
- Endpiece: Black Fiber
- Binding: Tortoise - Brown
- Top Inlay Style: Black/White Fiber
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Tenor Uke
- Nut Material: Black Tusq
- Headstock: Solid/Traditional Martin Ukulele Design
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood/Hibiscus Flower - IZ (Koa) Inlay
- Fingerboard Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Scale Length: 17'' Uke Pattern
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-11/32''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 1-23/32''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: One @5th,7th,10th,Two @ 12th,One @ 15th, M.O.P.
- Finish Back & Sides: Satin
- Finish Top: Satin
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Bridge Material: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Bridge Style: Tenor Uke Style
- Bridge String Spacing: 1-5/8''
- Saddle: Compensated Black Tusq
- Tuning Machines: Pegheds, 7543A
- Recommended Strings: Martin Ukulele (M620)
- Case: Nex Gen ZG Case
- Interior Label: 2 Paper Labels - 1 signed by widow of Israel & numbered in sequence w/o total - 1 with photo of IZ
If you love this Iz, you're sure to love this uke. Order today and be a part of the uke-playing Ohana.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good Tone
Comments about Martin 1T IZ Tenor Ukulele:
The IZ is a beautiful instrument and was a great buy. I had to look hard to find the "blemish"; it could have passed for new. The action is easy (it's a tenor uke, after all), and the tone is wonderful. I'm having a lot of fun with it. I'm looking for a set of uke strings (G,C,E,A) instead of (g,C,A,E) that the IZ came with. The C string does not sound good when it's tuned down 5 half-steps to G. I think Iz himself tuned the fourth string to the lower octave G.