- Product 501670
Martin LXM Tres
- Write a Review
The Martin LXM Tres is Martin's take on an extremely popular Cuban/Puerto Rican traditional instrument. The tres is fundamental to the sound of Cuba...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A distinctive instrument for the Cuban music enthusiast.
The Martin LXM Tres is Martin's take on an extremely popular Cuban/Puerto Rican traditional instrument. The tres is fundamental to the sound of Cuban son and other Caribbean music styles.
The 6 strings are arranged in 3 courses that are typically tuned to an open chord, making the LXM Tres both easy and fun to play. Martin includes a padded gig bag with the LXM Tres.
- Model: LXM Tres
- Construction: Mortise/tenon neck joint
- Body size: Modified 0-14 fret
- Top: Spruce pattern HPL textured finish
- Rosette: Herringbone style - gold & black
- Top bracing pattern: modified X series ''X''
- Top braces: Crowned cross brace & graphite bowtie plate
- Back material: Mahogany pattern HPL textured finish
- Back purfling: None
- Side material: Mahogany pattern HPL textured finish
- Endpiece: None
- Endpiece inlay: None
- Binding: None
- Top inlay style: None
- Side inlay: None
- Back inlay: None
- Neck material: Rust Stratabond
- Neck shape: Tenor shape
- Nut Material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/square taper
- Headplate: Mahogany pattern HPL
- Heelcap: None
- Fingerboard material: Solid morado or solid East Indian rosewood
- Scale Length: 23''
- # of frets clear: 14
- # of frets total: 20
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-1/4''
- Fingerboard width at 12th fret: 1-1/2''
- Fingerboard position inlays: None /None
- Fingerboard binding: None
- Finish back & sides: None
- Finish top: None
- Finish neck: None
- Bridge material: Solid morado or solid East Indian rosewood
- Bridge style: Belly
- Bridge string spacing: 1-3/8''
- Saddle: Flat/white Micarta
- Tuning machines: Chrome with small buttons
- Recommended strings: Special Tres set .0115 E, .024 E, .014 C, .014 C, .024 G, .0115 G
- Bridge & end pins: White with black dots
- Pickguard: None
- Case: Padded gig bag
- Interior label: Gold foil
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
I bought this Martin tres as an upgrade for my Lonestar tres. The LMX is fantastic, feels good, plays and sounds dynamite. Love the stripe woodgrain of the neck. The gig bag with embroidered Martin Logo is well done too. The only thing I would have added on this instrument is a cut away for the upper register. An option for a pickup or preamp would have been a nice add on too. This is a finely made in Mexico instrument, I would recommend it to anyone.
I am a fan of the sound of the tres but have never played one until my local music shop got one of these in. The neck feels very nice and expensive. the tone projects well and the sound is pure tres. If you play tres or if you are just curious, this is a good one to get. professional quality yet entry level price.