- H82490 000001000 H82490000001000
Regal RD-40 Round Neck Resonator Guitar
- Write a Review
At the top of the line of the Regal Studio Series Resophonic Guitars, the RD-40 Round Neck Resonator has been redesigned from the inside out making i...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A beautiful instrument with vintage styling and an improved sound chamber.
At the top of the line of the Regal Studio Series Resophonic Guitars, the RD-40 Round Neck Resonator has been redesigned from the inside out making it one of the best values when it comes to truly vintage-inspired, professional featured, resophonic instruments. Using Regal's many years of experience in the development and construction of traditional American acoustic instruments, they discovered ways to improve upon the most legendary designs from the past without pricing them out of the reach of any level player. Only the finest materials are used to create these new designs that reminisce of the past, while still meeting the demands of today's modern players. The new body shape takes its cues from instruments of the past; while the real secret to the tone of these instruments lies within. It all starts with a combination of Regal exclusives, such as the Power Reflex Tone Chamber for added volume, the DP-126 die-cast spider for its bell-like response, and a US-made, hand-spun aluminum cone. All together work in perfect harmony to assure the maximum, most articulate tone that can be heard in any playing situation.
- Spruce top
- Quarter-sawn mahogany back and sides
- Mahogany, slimmer neck with 2-way adjustable truss rod with metal truss rod cover
- Rosewood fingerboard with motherof-pearl dot position markers
- Multi-ply ivoroid bound body and bound fingerboard
- Bound peghead with rosewood overlay, inlaid with a floral design of mother of pearl, abalone, and red coral
- 1-11/16" nut width
- Rock maple saddle and bone nut
- Extra-wide string spacing at saddle for playing comfort
- Saga's Power Reflex resonator chamber
- USA-made aluminum cone
- Golden Gate DP-126 spider
- Bug-eye screen cover
- Sealed die-cast tuners with 15:1 gear ratio
- Nickel-plated hardware
- Shop adjusted
Add some sparkle to your collection with this iconic instrument. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Long Life
Comments about Regal RD-40 Round Neck Resonator Guitar:
An affordable resonater guitar with the traditional dobro style and tone. Sounds identical to the rich dobro sounds in certain Dire Straits tracks (Romeo And Juliet, Telegraph Road & The Mans Too Strong). On the other hand, i'm slightly concerned about the poor quality strings included; after one month of 3 losses of strings, I ended up replaceing all 6.