- Write a Review
A back-to-basics mandolin with gorgeous vintage sunburst finish.
You will immediately respond to the classic "chop" only a quality mandolin can like the LM-175-VSM A-Style Mandolin can deliver. The Loar hand-carved the spruce tops to optimize each instrument's individual character, and the thin "V" profile of the maple neck fits comfortably in the player's hand. The removal of the fretboard extension beyond the 20th fret allows for easy strumming without the classic problem of getting hung up on the extended upper frets.
Grassroots Series mandolins are finished with Grover tuners, D'Addario strings and The Loar's unique "Harp" logo headstock decal. Whether for traditional bluegrass or more modern styles, their Grassroots Series delivers the tone, style and vibe today's mandolin players want from their instruments.
- Body type: Mandolin
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Solid Hand-Carved Spruce
- Back & sides: Flamed Maple
- Bracing pattern: Info not available
- Body finish: Matte
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Info not available
- Nut width: 1.125"
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Maple
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Matte
- Pickup/preamp: No
- Brand: Not applicable
- Configuration: Not applicable
- Preamp EQ: Not applicable
- Feedback filter: Not applicable
- Tuner: Not applicable
- Headstock overlay: Ebony
- Tuning machines: Grover 309FVN
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 8-string
- Special features: Body finish None
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Info not available
- Country of origin: China
It's got the looks. It's got the tone. One click or call and it's yours to own.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.