- 941594 000000000 941594000000000
Hal Leonard Essential Elements for Band - French Horn (Book 1 with EEi)
- Write a Review
Essential Elements for Band Book 1 offers beginning students sound pedagogy and engaging music, all carefully paced to successfully start young playe...Read More
Essential Elements for Band Book 1 offers beginning students sound pedagogy and engaging music, all carefully paced to successfully start young players on their musical journey. EE features familiar songs and specially designed exercises, created and arranged for the classroom in a unison-learning environment, as well as instrument-specific exercises to focus each student on the unique characteristics of their own instrument. EE provides both teachers and students with a wealth of materials to develop total musicianship, even at the beginning stages.
Take your band program to the next level!
- Each Book Includes My EE Library
- Start-up Video learn the basics
- Play-along mp3 features a professional player on your instrument
- Duets and Trios print and play parts with friends
- Music Listening Library hear great pieces for band
- SmartMusic exercises 1-100
- Enhanced Learning System
- Book 1 uses unmeasured Long Tones to establish good tone production from the very beginning, and uses Quarter Notes to teach pulse and rhythm. By exercise 14 your students will be playing well-known melodies and enjoying the excitement of playing in the band!
- The unique considerations of Horns and Oboes are difficult to address using a classroom band method, so we've created special pages for these instruments with their own optional starting systems.
- Optimum Reinforced Learning
- New material is carefully paced, sequential and immediately reinforced. New notes are approached in the easiest ways, then gradually played within wider skips and different rhythms. Each new rhythm is introduced as a Rhythm Rap, then repeated on simple pitches, and finally placed in an appropriate melodic setting.
- Theory, History, Cross-Curriculum and Creativity
- It's all right in each student book, correlated with the music and concepts they are currently learning. This is by far the most efficient way to meet the National Standards, integrate other subjects into the music curriculum, and still teach the essentials of music performance.
- Daily Warm-Ups & Rubank Studies
- Establish good practice habits, tone and technique with the two sets of Daily Warm-ups included in each book. The Rubank Scale and Arpeggio Studies cover the four major keys taught in Book 1, all adapted from Rubank's "best-of-the-best" to expand your students' technical skills.
- 12 Full Band Arrangements
- Research shows that students are more likely to succeed (and stay in band) if they perform a concert for parents within the first 8 weeks. That's why we've created an impressive early concert featuring 6 full band arrangements after they've learned just 7 notes! The concert is the first of the Performance Spotlight features, which include 12 full band arrangements and 2 solos with piano accompaniment.
- Rhythm Studies
- The additional Rhythm Studies pages include progressive measures of rhythms, which you can use to enhance rhythmic development at any stage. To make it fun and interesting, the CD-ROM includes infectious percussion accompaniments at varied tempi.
A phenomenal begining method no matter what age. Stock up for your class today!
Essential Elements for Band - French Horn (Book 1 with EEi)
- ISBN: 9780634003219
Review Snapshot®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Hal Leonard Essential Elements for Band - French Horn (Book 1 with EEi):
I have been away from a musical instrument for about 30 years and this gives me the chance to hear and play along to get back into playing my favorite instrument. It would be very helpful if there was a tuning guide along with this DVD.
It has been 40 years since I played the french horn and this is a big help in getting aaback in shape Thank You