- J42381 000001000 J42381000001000
Alvarez AG80EFM Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
One of Alvarez’s best-selling guitars, the Artist Series AG80EFM is a great all-around instrument for live work or recording. The cedar/rosewood wood...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Rare tonewood pairing enhanced by special electronics make this Grand Auditorium a great investment.
One of Alvarez’s best-selling guitars, the Artist Series AG80EFM is a great all-around instrument for live work or recording. The cedar/rosewood woods create a sophisticated look and the Grand Auditorium body shape is perfect. Alvarez's Grand Auditorium has the same scale length as their dreadnoughts but with a slightly smaller body and narrower waist that accentuates the trebles.
After 50 years of making guitars, continual improvement through the use of emerging technologies, processes, and materials is still at the heart of their culture. Alvarez guitars are constructed correctly in every sense, from raw material preparation to construction and manufacturing processes. Tonewoods are carefully cured; components such as neck blocks and wood joints are carefully designed, and the painting, sanding and polishing techniques used are continually researched and developed. The result is a tone impeccably crafted and married to a stable, consistent and lively sound box.
The AG80EFMl is designed to get the best out if its components, and for them to work together to produce balance, lively projection and great response. These components include their FST2 bracing system, bi-level rosewood bridge, real bone nut and saddle, great quality tonewoods and thin finish.
FST2 is a forward shifted X brace design, this means the axis of the X is closer to the sound hole and therefore creates a larger soundboard area allowing for more energy and vibration to be harnessed. Both the X braces and asymmetric tone bars are carefully scalloped. The scalloping design was the result of years of continual development in their Yairi workshops.
The Artist Series sound and personality is open and powerful and the FST2 design helps create better balance so both the treble and bass registers are clearly present and balanced in relation to each other.
Along with a more angled headstock, the bi-level bridge increases string tension by making the break angel of the strings from the saddle to the top more acute. Improved string tension adds to its sound, feel and response, which are also heightened by the use of real bone nuts and saddles.
- Body type:Grand Auditorium
- Top wood:SolidA+ Western Cedar
- Back & sides:Rosewood
- Bracing pattern:Forward shifted patternScalloped X
- Body finish:Gloss
- Orientation:Right handed
- Neck shape:Info not available
- Nut width:1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Neck wood:Mahogany
- Scale length:25.5 in.
- Number of frets:20
- Neck finish: Natural gloss
- Brand:L.R. Baggs
- Configuration:Sidemounted preamp
- Preamp EQ:3-band
- Feedback filter:Notch, Phase
- Headstock overlay:Rosewood
- Tuning machines:Premium Die-Cast
- Saddle & nut:Real Bone
- Number of strings:6-string
- Special features:Tonewoods
- Case:Sold separately
Fill up the room with great Alvarez tone. Order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.