- J42383 000001000 J42383000001000
Alvarez AP66SHB Parlor Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
Alvarez's '66 models are beautifully finished and have a deep glass-like shine. The vintage sunburst on mahogany brings out the grain to create a war...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
The warmth of mahogany in a vintage-looking finish for a great throwback look and sound.
Alvarez's '66 models are beautifully finished and have a deep glass-like shine. The vintage sunburst on mahogany brings out the grain to create a warm look to match its tone. Alvarez's mahogany top guitars have a focused sound with strong mids, great for recording and live work.
The AP66SHB is part of the Artist Series, now “The Award Winning Artist Series” – winning competitions and receiving rave reviews in the States, Europe and around the world. It’s a truly designed line of guitars that stands tall and sounds sweet in the solid top guitar market with hand-selected solid tops and forward shifted scalloped bracing which offer up awesome tone and player experience. In the case of the AP66SHB parlor guitar, it has a solid African mahogany top with a mahogany body and neck, and rosewood fingerboard and bridge.
Each Artist Series model is designed to get the best out if its components, and for them to work together to produce a tone and player experience, rarely found in affordable instruments. These components include Alvarez's FST2M bracing system, bi-level bridge, real bone nut and great quality tonewoods. FSTM is a forward shifted X brace design. Both the X braces and asymmetric tone bars are scalloped. Moving the system forward allows for a larger soundboard, which is optimized with a solid maple bridge plate for both strength and energy.
The sound is warm, open and powerful, and both the treble and bass registers are clearly present and balanced in relation to each other. These guitars feel right and are exciting to play and responsive. Dig in and they shout right back at you, treat them gently and they whisper and respond instantly to the lightest strum or pick.
Case sold separately.
- Body type:Parlor
- Top wood:SolidAfrican Mahogany
- Back & sides:Mahogany
- Bracing pattern:Forward shifted pattern
- Body finish:Gloss
- Orientation:Right handed
- Neck shape:Info not available
- Nut width:1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Neck wood:Mahogany
- Scale length:24 in.
- Number of frets:18
- Neck finish:High Gloss
- Brand:Not applicable
- Configuration:Not applicable
- Preamp EQ:Not applicable
- Feedback filter:Not applicable
- Tuner:Not applicable
- Headstock overlay:Rosewood
- Tuning machines:Premium Die-Cast
- Saddle & nut:Real Bone
- Number of strings:6-string
- Special features:Tonewoods
- Case:Sold separately
Order this quality Alvarez today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.