- J09262 000001000 J09262000001000
Alvarez RD27 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
The Alvarez Regent Series is designed as an entry-level guitar that will keep new players focused and excited about their instrument from day one. Th...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A full-size guitar that's affordable with rosewood back and sides.
The Alvarez Regent Series is designed as an entry-level guitar that will keep new players focused and excited about their instrument from day one. They're classic-looking guitars that encompass many of the features and design elements that Alvarez high-end instruments have, like its bi-level bridge, and a rosewood bridge and fingerboard. The models are finished in a high gloss and come in either Sitka or rosewood outfits.
Usually lamented guitars sound very thin and have difficulty projecting, but the Alvarez Regent Series has had a lot of attention paid to good construction and components, and are very open and sweet sounding while maintaining a very affordable price.
- Dreadnought body shape
- Spruce Top / Gloss Finish
- Rosewood Back and Sides / Gloss Finish
- SYS250 3-Band EQ with tuner
- Scalloped X Bracing
- Mahogany Neck, Satin Finish, Dovetail Joint
- Bi-Level Rosewood Bridge
- PPS Nut & Saddle
- Nut Width: 1-11/16 in. (43 mm)
- Scale Length: 25-/1/2 in. (635 mm)
- Rosewood Fingerboard
- Fully Edge Bound
- Chrome Die-cast Tuners
- D’Addario EXP’s
- 15 mm DuoFoam Deluxe Gig Bag
Get stunning looks and tone. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Rich Sound
- Stays In Tune
- Small Venues
Comments about Alvarez RD27 Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar:
I was looking for an inexpensive knock around beach guitar. Went to a couple of stores and played the usual Epiphones and Yamahas in the low price range and was underwhelmed. One store carried Alvarez and I picked up the RD26. This guitar was FAR superior to the others in every aspect - build quality, attention to detail, setup, and most importantly, tone. I did not buy it because they only had the floor model and it was a little scratched up, but went home to research the Alvarez Regent series where I discovered the RD27. I liked the rosewood look better than the mahogany of the RD26. Considering a really good quality gig bag was included, it was a bargain compared to competitors and I ordered it from MF. It arrived a few days later and was not disappointed at all. Having owned practically all makes of guitar at one time or another, I don't think I've ever been more satisfied with a purchase. I had read that Alvarez designed the Regent series to optimize the tone you can get out of all laminate construction, and it is very apparent they have been successful with that. The RD27 sounds every bit as good if not better than the huge glut of guitars with solid top / laminate sides and back that are a bit more expensive than it. Good job, Alvarez!