- Product H70177
Benedetto Guitars 16B Hollowbody Archtop Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
With the 16B Hollow Body Archtop Electric Guitar Bob Benedetto brings back a little nostalgia with body lines of his custom-made 16" guitars from the...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Premiere craftsmanship and pedigree, a carved top, and a single pickup for a gig-friendly jazz box.
With the 16B Hollow Body Archtop Electric Guitar Bob Benedetto brings back a little nostalgia with body lines of his custom-made 16" guitars from the 1990s. This was the pattern (16-B) that graced guitars made for Bucky Pizzarelli, Joe Diorio, Ron Eschete, Howard Alden, Jimmy Bruno, Chris Standring, John Pizzarelli and other world-class players and esteemed customers.
The shape differs from the Bravo body lines (see sku# H70180) with softer, narrower shoulders and a slightly less pronounced cutaway. The 16-B has a parallel braced, carved spruce top and flamed maple back and sides. The inlaid "Benedetto" logo is abalone.
This model is offered in standard Antiqueburst. It is the most gig-friendly carved guitar in Benedetto's line, remarkably responsive and feedback resistant. Affordability and pedigree all rolled into one ultra-comfortable guitar.
Robert Benedetto is widely acknowledged as today's foremost maker of archtop guitars. Over a prolific four-decade career, he has personally handcrafted nearly 800 instruments, including 500 archtops. "My roots are in jazz guitar. It's been my love and my focus since Day One."
- Body: Carved Archtop 16
- Top: Carved Spruce (European or American as available)
- Back: Carved Curly or Quilted Maple (European or American as available)
- Sides: Solid Curly or Quilted maple (to match back)
- Bracing: Parallel Spruce
- Binding: Deluxe binding package – multiples of black and white throughout
- Neck: Flamed maple
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12
- Scale: Frets: 22
- Bridge: Ebony, adjustable with black wheels and posts
- Tailpiece: Model EPS (Ebony Professional Series)
- Tuners: Gotoh gold with ebony buttons
- Finger rest: Ebony
- Finish: Gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Strings: Pure nickel (.012-.052)