- #J48674 00000100021721 J4867400000100021721
Breedlove Journey Concert Black Cherry FS E Western Red Cedar - Brazilian Rosewood Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
This may be the best value Heritage Breedlove crafts in Bend, Oregon. Pairing Western red cedar with fully documented Brazilian rosewood gives the wa...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Extremely limited edition model made from fully documented Brazilian rosewood.
This may be the best value Heritage Breedlove crafts in Bend, Oregon. Pairing Western red cedar with fully documented Brazilian rosewood gives the warmth of cedar with profound bass and accentuated treble of the Brazilian rosewood. The Breedlove Bridge Truss enables blossoming notes that make this one of the sweetest fingerstyle instruments we have made. Due to Breedlove's limited selection, this is a limited edition of 20 that will grow in value.
The Breedlove Concert is the original Breedlove shape. It first appeared in 1992, and has been the best-selling Breedlove body shape ever since. Designed specifically for the fingerstylist to be well balanced, compact and comfortable to play, it generates a wonderfully articulate range of tone with an ample low end that is never boomy, but always felt. The unique construction also allows the Concert to sing even at a full strum. If you’re a fingerstylist, or are seeking an instrument to use as vocal accompaniment, this is the shape for you. The Concert is engineered to provide exceptional sustain with a pronounced bass response, both of which can be achieved with a light touch. The graduated top works in harmony with the Breedlove Bridge Truss to provide an even response throughout the lows, mids, and highs, with sustain, and clear, concise, note-for-note projection.
Breedlove graduated tops, featured on select models, contribute stunning balance from lows to highs. How? Graduated tops are slightly thicker on the treble side, balancing the higher energy treble frequencies with the lower energy bass frequencies traveling through the thinner bass side. The result: clearer, cleaner highs and stable, resonant lows. Because no two soundboards are exactly the same, Breedlove craftsmen evaluate each top for stiffness and density, and then graduate it accordingly. The amount of graduation is customized for each individual instrument. The top is sanded to the precise graduated thickness to achieve optimal flexibility and stiffness. This hands-on process is one of the major contributors to the Breedlove sound.
Breedlove guitars feature a slimmer neck profile, which enables comfortable play, even with smaller hands. Unlike traditional dovetail neck joints that require major surgery for a neck re-set, it is easy to adjust the play action and neck angle with the Breedlove bolt-on neck and single-action truss rod. The hand-rubbed, semi-gloss Breedlove neck finish contributes to ideal playability – the finish process alone takes three days, including precise finish coat applications, fine sanding, and hand buffing and rubbing.
The asymmetrical headstock is featured on CM, Concert, Auditorium and 12-string body shapes. This headstock isn’t just a pretty shape – it’s specifically designed to keep the strings in a straight, even line from the nut to the tuning pegs. The result is even tension, stable tuning, and ease of alternate tuning.
- Body type: Concert/O
- Cutaway: No
- Top wood: Western Red Cedar
- Back & sides: Brazilian Rosewood
- Bracing pattern: Info not available
- Body finish: Black Cherry Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Slim
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: African Ebony
- Neck wood: Honduran Mahogany
- Scale length: info not available
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Semi-gloss
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: L.R. Baggs
- Configuration: Undersaddle piezo
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Notch, Phase
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Info not available
- Tuning machines: Gotoh 510 Gold with ebony buttons
- Bridge: African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: None
- Case: Hardshell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Grab one of these special Breedlove's before they're all gone. Only 20 available!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.