- Write a Review
Alaskan spruce from downed trees.
The goal in producing the Breedlove USA Concert Moon was to craft the most textured big sound in a Breedlove Concert acoustic guitar ever in the lightest guitar body possible. Lay out a design directive with that kind of ambition to the designers and builders at Breedlove, and the results will always be impressive. In this case, it is better described as an achievement.
Meet the Breedlove USA Series, handcrafted in Bend, Oregon. Sound frequencies travel most efficiently through lighter materials, so with this in mind, Breedlove designers sought a solution for the USA Series that would reduce weight and bring the acoustic guitar to life in a player’s hands. Through this search, Breedlove achieved the thinnest finish to-date on a Breedlove – a mere 5 mils on top and 2 mils for the back and sides.
To achieve the results, Breedlove conducted extensive Sound Profiling - frequency testing the tops and backs of the acoustic guitars. As a result, Breedlove tops are thinner, the backs a bit thicker and the sound hole smaller to hit the target fundamental resonance frequency for textured big sound. The designers wanted the sound of the USA Series acoustic guitars to speak for themselves. So they minimized binding and decoration.
Coming in at just 3.5 pounds, the Breedlove USA Series instruments are almost 25% lighter than the Breedlove Premier Concert Mahogany, which is crafted with the same wood pairings.
The Moon Light features a rich Alaska Sitka spruce top, made from wood salvaged from downed trees in the Tongass National Forest. The Honduran mahogany used for the back, sides and neck are selectively harvested in the Custosel Concession in the Mayan Biosphere of Guatemala.
- Body type: Concert
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Sitka Spruce Alaska
- Back & sides: Mahogany Honduran
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.45 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Headstock overlay:
- Tuning machines: Nickel
- Bridge: Delta
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features:
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case
- Accessories: Warranty card, adjustment tools
- Country of origin: United States
Loud concert. Great finger-picking guitar. Order soon.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Rich Sound
- Stays In Tune
- Rock Concerts
- Small Venues
Comments about Breedlove USA Concert Moon Light Sitka Spruce - Mahogany Acoustic Guitar:
I've owned over 250 high end guitars in my life, including 40s martins , Santa Cruz , even one owned by Tony Rice , Collings , Bourgeois , Rockbridge , Huss and Dalton , and many more !! I am not kidding , this guitar could be used fingerstyle , or even flatpicked in a bluegrass band professionally !! It's light and just really hard to describe how good this guitar is for this or any price !!!!!!!!!!!!