- J49127 000001000 J49127000001000
Charvel Limited Edition Guthrie Govan Signature San Dimas Caramelized 2-Piece Flame Maple Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
As a preeminent modern virtuoso, U.K. guitar master Guthrie Govan dazzles all who hear him. After two years of meticulous development working closely...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Signature features in a limited-edition finish.
As a preeminent modern virtuoso, U.K. guitar master Guthrie Govan dazzles all who hear him. After two years of meticulous development working closely with the man himself, Charvel was profoundly pleased in 2014 to introduce the ultimate ultra-pro guitar—the Limited Edition Guthrie Govan Signature San Dimas®. With so many special features and high-performance appointments, it’s truly the ideal expression of Govan’s artistry rendered in distinctive Charvel form.
For 2016, Charvel is offering a limited run of the Signature Guthrie Govan model that shares many of the unique features of his original model, but in a handsome Britannica Red finish trimmed with a black burst.
The San Dimas body has a beautiful bird’s-eye maple top with a thin clear matte finish and a specially contoured heel (sans neck plate) for easy access to the upper reaches of the fingerboard. The bolt-on neck is quartersawn flame maple with a “caramelized” heat and drying treatment that makes it sound and feel much older, with graphite reinforcement, hand rubbed urethane gel on the back of the neck and a convenient truss rod adjustment wheel at the body end. Most unusually for a San Dimas model, the compound-radius (12-16 in.) flamed maple fingerboard spans two octaves, with the same caramelized treatment as the neck, 24 extra jumbo stainless steel frets and special maple dot inlays with ebony borders.
Other premium features include three specially wound Charvel custom MF pickups arranged in a versatile HSH configuration with five-way switching for the expansive tonal openness and dynamic sensitivity that Govan demands, two notched control knobs (master volume, master tone), U.S.-made recessed Charvel locking tremolo bridge with Tremol-No unit and oversized brass block, bone nut, chrome hardware and 25.5 in. scale length.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Birdseye Maple
- Body wood: Basswood
- Body finish: Matte
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Neck wood: 2-piece Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Hand-rubbed Urethane
- Material: Maple
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm)
- Configuration: HSH
- Neck: Custom MF humbucking
- Middle: Custom MF single-coil
- Bridge: Custom MF humbucking
- Brand: Charvel
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: U.S.-Made Recessed Charvel Locking Tremolo Bridge
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Sperzel locking
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Grab this special signature model. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.