- J47365 000001000 J47365000001000
Cole Clark Fat Lady 2 Series Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Cole Clark guitars have a bold sense of self in terms of design and materials, and their guitars have a consistency of personality that is the hallma...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Handmade with pride in Australia.
Cole Clark guitars have a bold sense of self in terms of design and materials, and their guitars have a consistency of personality that is the hallmark of all great instrument makers.
The materials used in creating the Fat Lady II are sourced from abundant Australian tree stocks, and those groves are tended with care for replenishment. Cole Clark employs classical construction methodologies alongside innovative design and manufacturing techniques to produce a lighter, stronger guitar with a completely natural sounding pickup.
An Australian-grown American Redwood top and Australian Blackwood back and sides combine to create a broad, warm acoustic guitar sound that will charm any fan of quality guitar sound. The Queensland maple neck is sure and steady, comfortable to play. Please note that Queensland maple isn’t even related to American maples. This is an unusual wood that lends itself extremely well to guitar building, especially in neck construction. Note that the redwood top is more oriented toward a warm and engaging sound, which makes this guitar less appropriate to players who like to use the guitar’s top as a percussive accompaniment.
Its pickup system is truly spectacular, with six individual piezo sensors underneath the bridge saddles that provides excellent string separation and clear, round, warm respons across the spectrum. There is additionally a built-in condenser microphone that has no response below 2.4kHz, so as to avoid any possibility for that low, woofing feedback that condenser mic systems encounter in stage environments. You can dial in the amount of microphone response you want with a rotary knob, so as to fill in the sparkle and complexity of the upper-end harmonics. There is a three-band slider-style EQ as well as a “face sensor” knob that is built into the lower bout. It allows cutting and boosting of midrange frequency, and when used in conjunction with the EQ and the mic system, allows you to dial in just the nuance you’re after. Great for recording.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Single cutaway
- Top wood: Redwood Australian-grown
- Back & sides: Blackwood Australian-grown
- Bracing pattern: Scalloped
- Body finish: Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C
- Nut width: 1.73 in. (44 mm)
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood
- Neck wood: Maple
- Scale length: 25 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Nitrocellulose
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Cole Clark
- Configuration: Piezo and mic
- Preamp EQ: 3-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay:
- Tuning machines: Grover
- Bridge: Indian Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Inlaid timber binding
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: Warranty card, adjustment tools
- Country of origin: Australia
Australian-grown redwood! Australian-grown blackwood! Queensland maple! These aren't your father's guitar woods. Order one soon!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.