- Write a Review
Old-school styling and construction with modern electronics for a high-quality lightweight hybrid.
The D9-CE is the first of Cordoba's new Acero Series, a line of boutique, all-solid steel strings approached from a classical or Spanish guitar building perspective. Most notably, Cordoba is using an integrated neck joint or "Spanish Heel" instead of a traditional dovetail joint to join the body and neck of the guitar. This method of construction offers a lighter weight and more stable heel joint that increases resonance and is less prone to movement as the guitar ages. The bracing pattern is a hybrid of a Torres-style Spanish fan pattern and X-bracing, and allows the top to vibrate openly with an explosive attack and warm, sweet tone.
The D9-CE dreadnought features the classic combination of a solid Sitka spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides, giving it a warm and balanced sound great for all musical styles. It also has a beautiful rosewood bridge, binding and fingerboard. The styling is refined and sleek, using acacia wood for the rosette and 12th fret fingerboard inlays, capped off with Cordoba's signature elevated headstock with a mahogany overlay.
The finish is a thinly applied high gloss polyurethane. The D9-CE also comes with the Acoustic Fidelity System II (AFS), Cordoba's new proprietary pickup that offers both piezo and mic blending capabilities. Other features include a Tusq nut and saddle, chrome Grover tuners, Elixir NANOWEB Light Gauge (.012-.053) strings, and a Cordoba deluxe archtop wood case with built in HumiCase humidification.
- Solid Sitka spruce top
- Solid Mahogany back and sides
- Rosewood bridge, binding and fingerboard
- Integrated neck joint
- Acacia wood rosette and 12 fret inlays
- Cordoba signature elevated headstock with mahogany overlay
- Acoustic Fidelity System II pickup system
- Tusq nut and saddle
- Chrome Grover tuners
- Elixir NANOWEB Light Gauge strings
- High gloss polyurethane finish
If you love the classic look and feel of traditional Spanish steel strings, Cordoba has built this one for you. Order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.