- Write a Review
A crossover nylon-string with a solid top and a super comfortable neck.
The Fusion 12 Natural Cedar Classical Electric Guitar belongs to Cordoba's Fusion series, a line of high quality crossover or hybrid style nylon string guitars designed to play and feel like steel-string acoustics. Most notably, the necks are carved thinner than traditional Spanish-style "classical" guitars and have a nut width of 48mm (1-7/8"). With 12 frets to the body, these slimmer dimensions combined with a radiused fingerboard give the Fusion 12 series the feel and playability that most steel string and electric guitar players are used to. Tonally the Fusion series models have all the warmth, body, and resonance that traditional "classical" nylon string guitars are known for, and are built using traditional Spanish guitar methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing patterns.
The 12 Natural is built with a Canadian cedar top paired with mahogany back and sides. The rosette is hand inlaid using maple and rosewood rings, and it features 3 ply maple and ebony top purfling for a sleek aesthetic. It also comes equipped with the Fishman Presys pickup. The fingerboard and bridge are rosewood, neck has 12 frets to the body, and comes with a deluxe Cordoba gig bag.
- Hybrid style nylon string guitar
- Canadian cedar top
- Mahogany back and sides
- Hand-inlaid rosette
- 3-ply maple and ebony top purfling
- Fishman Presys pickup
- Fingerboard and bridge are rosewood
- 12 frets to the body
Get nylon-string sounds with a neck that you're already used to. Order today.
Fusion 12 Natural Cedar Classical Electric Guitar
- Top: Solid Canadian cedar
- Back & Sides: Mahogany
- Binding/Bridge: Indian rosewood binding/Rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: 3-ply maple and ebony top purfling
- Rosette: All natural inlaid wood rings
- Finish: High gloss PU
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck/Rosewood radiused fingerboard / Fusion (Crossover) Style Neck
- Truss Rod: Yes, 4 mm
- Scale Length: 650 mm (25.6 in.)
- Nut Width: 48 mm (1-7/8 in.)
- Fret Marker Inlays: Mother of pearl at 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build: Spanish fan bracing, cutaway electric
- Body Width & Length: 275 mm (10.8 in.) at upper bout, 365 mm (14.4 in.) at lower bout
- Body Depth: 88 mm (3.5 in.) at upper bout, 88 mm (3.5 in.) at lower bout
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Silver Tuning Machines
- Strings: Savarez Corum Alliance High Tension, 500AJ
- Electronics: Fishman Presys, built in digital tuner
- Tap Plate/Pick Guard: NA
- Case: Cordoba gig bag
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Cordoba Fusion 12 Natural Cedar Classical Electric Guitar:
After a good deal of research I decided to go with a Cordoba fusion 12 natural. The main reason was their excellent website. I was extremely disappointed when it arrived and I found the action was unplayable. I have been involved with the guitar for over 50 years and realize that a classical instrument has a different action than a jazz guitar but this was really bad. It made me wonder what kind of quality control the company has. I returned it for another figuring this was a fluke however when the second arrived it seemed fine until I checked the truss rod and found that it would not budge. This one also went back. I now ordered an instrument from a different manufacturer.
- Was this a gift?: