- Write a Review
A crossover guitar with a solid spruce top, narrow neck and Fishman electronics.
The Orchestra CE belongs to Cordoba’s Fusion Series, a line of high-quality crossover or hybrid-style nylon string guitars designed to play and feel like steel string acoustics. Most notably, the necks are carved thinner than traditional Spanish-style “classical” guitars and have a nut width of 48 mm or 1-7/8 in. With the option of 12 or 14 frets to the body on most models, these slimmer dimensions, combined with a radiused fingerboard, give the Fusion Series the feel and playability that most steel string and electric guitar players are used to. Tonally, the Fusion Series models have all the warmth, body, and resonance that traditional "classical" nylon string guitars are known for, and are built using traditional Spanish guitar methods like domed soundboards and fan bracing patterns in the design.
Additional features include cutaway and non-cutaway body styles, Fishman or B-Band pickups, two-way adjustable truss rods, and Savarez Corum Alliance strings that offer the higher tension feel that most crossover players are looking for. Cordoba’s Fusion Series was first to effectively merge the feel of a steel string with the tone of a "classical" guitar, and with a variety of wood options and finishes, is the most comprehensive line of crossover-style nylon string hybrids on the market.
The Orchestra CE is built with the classic combination of a solid European spruce or Canadian cedar top and Indian rosewood back and sides. The neck has 12 frets to the body and an ebony fingerboard. The bridge and headstock overlay are made of rosewood, and the rosette is hand inlaid using maple and rosewood rings. With mahogany binding and a high-gloss polyurethane finish, the Orchestra CE is the perfect blend of traditional materials with modern aesthetic touches. It comes equipped with the Fishman Presys Blend pickup, and includes a deluxe Cordoba gig bag.
- Body type:Classical
- Top wood:SolidEuropeanSpruce
- Back & sides:Indian Rosweood
- Bracing pattern:Spanish fan
- Body finish:High GlossPolyurethane
- Orientation:Right handed
- Neck shape:Fusion Style
- Nut width:1.875 in. (48 mm)
- Neck wood:Mahogany
- Scale length:25.6 in.
- Number of frets:19
- Neck finish:High Gloss
- Configuration:Sidemounted preamp
- Preamp EQ:4-band
- Feedback filter:Phase
- Headstock overlay:Rosewood
- Tuning machines:Cordoba Silver
- Saddle & nut:Bone
- Number of strings:6-string
- Special features:None
- Case:Gig Bag
- Country of origin:Info not available
The Fusion Series is perfect for steel-string and electric players. Order yours now.
Fusion Orchestra CE SP Classical Electric Guitar
- Top: Solid European spruce
- Back & Sides: Indian Rosewood
- Binding/Bridge: Mahogany binding/Indian rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: 3-ply maple and ebony top, back, and side purfling
- Rosette: All-natural inlaid wood rings
- Finish: High-gloss PU finish
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck/ebony radiused fingerboard Fusion Style Neck
- Truss Rod: Yes
- Scale Length: 650mm (25.6")
- Nut Width: 48mm (1-7/8")
- Fret Marker Inlays: Mother-of-pearl at 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15, 17
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build: Spanish fan bracing, cutaway electric
- Body Width & Length: 275mm (10.8") at upper bout, 365mm (14.4") at lower bout
- Body Depth: 98mm (3.9") at upper bout, 99mm (3.9") at lower bout
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Silver Tuning Machines
- Strings: Savarez Corum Alliance High Tension, 500AJ
- Electronics: Fishman Presys Blend with 4-band EQ + phase, undersaddle piezo and internal microphone with blender, built-in digital tuner
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Cordoba Fusion Orchestra CE SP Classical Electric Guitar:
First the fit an finish are excellent, love the built in tuner. Not knowing much about nylon string guitars (having played steel strings all my life) I wanted a classical guitar to play. After viewing extensive video reviews on YouTube, educating myself on the difference between flamenco and classical, blanca and negro guitars etc. I settle on the Cordoba brand. This model has a little narrower neck which is good for me, I usually play a Gibson Hummingbird for my acoustic and a Gibson 335 for electric, along with a Strat on occasion. The necks on these guitars are narrower than on a classical. The on the Cordoba tone is superb, I am not classically trained so I really can't tell the difference between say a high end guitar and say a Yamaha. This one sounds good to my ear and fit and finish are excellent. Also I got a great deal through Musicians Friend. So overall I am really pleased.
- Was this a gift?: