- H98892 000001000 H98892000001000
Cordoba GK Pro Nylon Flamenco Acoustic Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The GK Pro is the ultimate gigging instrument for the serious musician. Built with a solid European spruce top and solid cypress back and sides, this...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A rare combination of tonewoods and upgraded electronics.
The GK Pro is the ultimate gigging instrument for the serious musician. Built with a solid European spruce top and solid cypress back and sides, this nylon string guitar comes equipped with a soft cutaway and Fishman PreFix ProBlend pickup. The GK Pro is a flamenco guitar made for the stage, constructed with a slightly thinner body depth, neck, and nut width than a traditional Spanish guitar. The neck is designed to have little or no relief, offering low action for ease of comfort and quick playability.
For flamenco players, this model is the quintessential flamenco guitar with its bright, snappy tone designed to cut through the sound of an accompanying dancer. However, any guitarist looking for a new tone to add to the repertoire will feel right at home with the GK Pro. With its comfortable body shape and all solid spruce/cypress wood combination, this model is the perfect choice for exploring the nuances in sound that can only be captured with nylon strings. Aesthetic touches like the flamed maple headstock veneer complete with Cordoba' arches icon, and the mother-of-pearl weave rosette inspired by a 1920' Domingo Esteso guitar add a touch of elegance to this powerhouse.
Like every guitar in the Luthier series, the GK Pro is built with Spanish heel construction, where the top of the guitar is attached to the neck, the sides are added next, and the guitar' body is sealed by the installation of the back. It also has a two-way truss rod built into the neck. Other features include an ebony fingerboard, rosewood bridge, high gloss finish, and premium Savarez Cristal Corum strings. The GK Pro includes Cordoba' humidified hardshell case.
- Top: Solid European spruce
- Back & Sides: Solid Spanish cypress
- Binding/Bridge: Indian rosewood binding / Indian rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: 6 ply colored wood top purfling, 3-ply maple and ebony back and side purfling
- Rosette: Pearloid and ebony "Esteso" weave
- Finish: High Gloss polyurethane, honey amber tinted back and sides
- Neck/Fingerboard: Mahogany neck / Ebony fingerboard / Cutaway-Electric Style Neck
- Truss Rod: Two-way adjustable, 4mm
- Scale Length: 650mm (25.6")
- Nut Width: 50mm (1.96")
- String Spacing at Saddle: 59mm
- Fret Marker Inlays: Pearloid at 5, 7, 9
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build: Spanish heel neck joint and fan bracing, Flamenco-style build
- Body Width & Length: 285mm (11.2") at upper bout, 370mm (14.6") at lower bout
- Overall Length: 39"
- Body Depth: 88mm (3.5") at upper bout, 89mm (3.5") at lower bout
- Tuning Machines: Cordoba Premium Gold Tuning Machines
- Strings: Savarez Cristal Corum in High Tension 500CJ
- Electronics: Fishman Prefix Problend onboard electronics with 3-band EQ
- Tap Plate/Pick Guard: N/A
- Case: Cordoba humidified archtop case
Enjoy outstanding sound and playability. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- A True Flamenco Guitar
- excellent electronics
- High quality case
- Low Cost
- Superb Sound Playability
- Live Or Recording
Comments about Cordoba GK Pro Nylon Flamenco Acoustic Electric Guitar:
This might be the best guitar purchase I have ever made - in a lifetime of purchasing arch tops, classicals, acoustic steel strings, and gypsy guitars. If you are an improvising finger style player and enjoy playing on nylon, this flamenco design will solve many problems. First, it sounds great, well balanced throughout the tonal range. Amazing bass response for such a small-bodied instrument. Flamenco guitars play more easily than classicals, and that fact suits me esp. as I'm primarily a jazz player. Also, the Fishman pickup is great, and even came to me with a 9v battery already installed. The very high quality hard case is black with a slightly bumpy texture to it, so it will not display scuffs or cuts. I cannot believe that Cordoba could offer this guitar at this quality for around $1300. I would especially recommend this guitar for younger people or women who might enjoy this small-bodied size guitar because it's so much easier to play. Kudos, also, to the staff of Musicians Friend who enabled me to exchange a different and unsatisfying classical guitar for this gem, under complicated extenuating circumstances.
- Was this a gift?:
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.