- Write a Review
A Spanish-inspired steel-string with solid mahogany tonewoods.
Among the smallest of full-size steel string body shapes, Cordoba's Leona L9-E comes in a grand concert size that strikes the perfect balance between ergonomic comfort and robust tonal clarity, creating one of the most versatile and pleasing steel strings out there. A direct descendant of Cordoba’s benchmark nylon string instruments, the Leona L9-E closely follows the brand’s formula of featherweight all-solid wood construction and modern design aesthetics, built with techniques and features established by the Spanish masters.
The L9-E is made by hand with a solid mahogany top braced with Cordoba’s unique X/Fan hybrid bracing pattern, paired with solid mahogany back and sides. The Leona L9-E’s neck-through style Spanish heel construction is extremely lightweight and incredibly stable, creating unparalleled responsiveness that can be sensed in both hands of the player. The L9-E features 12 frets to the body, a 1-3/4-in. nut width, and a 25.2-in. scale length for versatile playability for all styles. The L9-E has the quintessential Cordoba look, complete with flamed maple binding and a mother-of-pearl rosette and headstock inlay. Additional features include a mahogany neck, ebony fingerboard, bone nut and saddle, Grover tuning machines, Cordoba pickup system and a Cordoba polyfoam case.
- Body type: Grand Concert
- Top wood:SolidMahogany
- Back & sides:SolidMahogany
- Bracing pattern:Hybrid X Fan
- Body finish:High GlossNatural Polyurethane
- Orientation:Right handed
- Neck shape:C
- Nut width:1.75 in. (45 mm)
- Neck wood:Mahogany
- Scale length:25.2 in.
- Number of frets:19
- Neck finish:Gloss Polyurethane
- Configuration:Soundhole mounted
- Preamp EQ:1-band
- Feedback filter:No
- Headstock overlay:Rosewood with mother-of-pearl "Arches"
- Tuning machines:Grover Sta-Tite Chrome
- Saddle & nut:Bone
- Number of strings:6-string
- Special features:None
- Case:Polyfoam case
- Accessories:Warranty booklet
- Country of origin:China
Grab this great-sounding steel string guitar. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.