- J00648 000001000 J00648000001000
Cordoba Torres Classical Guitar
- Write a Review
Cordoba has chosen to honor four master luthiers whose work has shaped the history of the nylon string guitar over the past 150 years, inspiring gene...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A handmade ode to master luthier Antonio de Torres with an Engelmann spruce body.
Cordoba has chosen to honor four master luthiers whose work has shaped the history of the nylon string guitar over the past 150 years, inspiring generations of guitar builders. Each Master Series model is a replica of an iconic guitar representing significant moments in the careers of Antonio de Torres, Hermann Hauser I, Miguel Rodriguez, and Manuel Reyes. Handmade with premium materials in Cordoba's California Workshop, Cordoba has partnered with Kenny Hill to examine the original guitars, poring over nuances and specifications to get inside the mind of each maker. From Torres' signature 7-fan bracing and unique small body design, to Hauser's famed 1937 model used by Andres Segovia, the Master Series allows today's players to get their hands on a slice of guitar history at a fraction of the cost.
The Torres Classical Guitar features a solid Engelmann spruce, solid Indian rosewood back and sides, and Spanish cedar neck with an ebony fingerboard. Other appointments include an Indian rosewood binding and bridge, a rope design wood top purfling with 3-ply back and sides purfling (maple/ebony/maple), and an all-natural mosaic rope and herringbone marquetry rosette. It also comes with gold Gotoh tuners with ebony buttons and a hardshell Cordoba humidified archtop case.
- Top: Solid Engelmann spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Indian rosewood
- Binding/Bridge: Indian rosewood binding/Indian rosewood bridge
- Purfling/Inlay: Rope design wood top purfling, 3-ply back & sides purfling (maple/ebony/maple)
- Rosette: All-natural mosaic rope & herringbone marquetry
- Finish: High gloss polyurethane
- Neck/Fingerboard: Spanish cedar neck (Traditional/Classical profile)/ebony fingerboard
- Truss Rod: 9/64"
- Scale Length: 640mm (25.2")
- Nut Width: 51mm (2")
- String Spacing at Saddle: 59mm
- Fret Marker Inlays: None
- Nut/Saddle: Bone
- Number of Frets: 12 to body, 19 total
- Bracing/Build: 1856 Torres 7 Fan Bracing
- Body Width & Length: 257mm upper bout width (10-1/8")/336mm lower bout width (13-1/4")/473mm body length (18-5/8")
- Overall Length: 960mm (37-13/16")
- Body Depth: 92mm at upper bout (3-5/8")/96mm at lower bout (3-3/4")
- Tuning Machines: Gold Gotoh tuners with Ebony buttons
- Strings: Savarez Cristal Corum High Tension 500CJ
- Electronics: None
- Tap Plate/Pickguard: None
- Case: Hardshell Cordoba humidified archtop case
Cordoba knows classical guitars. And this beauty is just another great example. Order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Beautiful Appearance
- Beautiful tone
- Easy to play
- Luthier Quality
- Living Room Playing
Comments about Cordoba Torres Classical Guitar:
I've had this guitar for a day now and haven't stopped playing it.
It's a smallish instrument with a 640-mm scale length, based on an 1856 Torres guitar. The size makes it easy and fun to play, with no diminution of volume.
Basses are rich, without being muddy, trebles are punchy and there's an evenness of tone and volume across the fretboard. Above all, there's a sweetness to the tone that's hard to describe more specifically.
I've owned many expensive, luthier-built classical guitars over the years including Ramirez, Bernabe and Papazian, and this instrument is in the same class at a fraction of the cost. (I got out of classical guitar music for a few years and over time sold-off those earlier guitars.)
I'll offer one caveat: it's probably best to sample the actual instrument rather than buying online. I played two of these guitars in two stores and they were quite distinct from each other. While the tones were similar, they had different tuners and neck profiles.
- Was this a gift?: