- Product H25344
Danelectro 1956 Single Cutaway w/ Dolphin Headstock Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Danelectro 1956 Single Cutaway w/ Dolphin Headstock Electric Guitar improves on the classic electric guitar manufactured from the mid '50s throug...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A swinging guitar with a twist.
The Danelectro 1956 Single Cutaway w/ Dolphin Headstock Electric Guitar improves on the classic electric guitar manufactured from the mid '50s through the late '60s and sold in popular mail-order catalogs. The most notable improvement is the new pickup configuration and electronics.
The Danelectro guitar's bolt-on maple neck has a rosewood fretboard, and unique "dolphin" shaped headstock with 3 in-line closed tuners. Dual lipstick pickups at the bridge are wired in series to create a powerful humbucker effect. A 3-way switch allows for alternating between: position 1 - Bridge (dual coil humbucker) on; position 2 (middle) - both Bridge and Neck on in series; position 3 - Neck only.
The 1956 Danelectro guitar bridge has a metal base with notches that hold the ball-end strings, and a rosewood saddle. Other features include white knobs on dual concentric tone and volume controls, a matching "seal" pickguard, and a double acting truss rod.
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- Body: 56 single cutaway hardboard/plywood construction hollow with solid center core and tape binding
- Pickguard: clear plastic with logo
- Neck: maple with rosewood fingerboard/double acting truss rod
- Headstock: Dolphin syle
- Scale length: 25"
- Tuners: 6 in-line closed "Kluson" style
- Neck shape: C-shape
- # frets: 21 frets
- Nut width: 1.650"
- Fretboard radius: 14"
- Bridge: Traditional with single rosewood saddle
- Pickups: Neck - single lipstick, Bridge - dual lipstick wired in series as humbucker
- Electronics: 2 stacked volume/tone controls, 3-way pickup switch