- J17934 000001000 J17934000001000
D'Angelico EX-Style B Acoustic-Electric Archtop Guitar
- Write a Review
D™Angelico Guitars of America is proud to reintroduce this unique member of the D'Angelico family of guitars. The standard series Style B features an...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A stylish, classic-looking archtop with modern electronics.
D™Angelico Guitars of America is proud to reintroduce this unique member of the D'Angelico family of guitars. The standard series Style B features an amazingly detailed headstock inlay design. There is also a distinctive "Style B" logo on the pickguard. First mentioned in the master luthier's notebook in 1936, the Style B has a slightly smaller body and neck profile then the other archtops in D'Angelico's standard series line up. The non-cutaway guitar features a beautiful vintage sunburst spruce top and a 24.75" scale length.
The standard series Style B is adorned with all of the accoutrements of its iconic predecessors including the signature stairstep pickguard and tailpiece and a unique and distinctive mother-of-pearl inlay headstock design. The fretboard features mother-of-pearl square block inlays. A floating pickup with volume and tone controls mounted on the pick guard rounds out the electronics. Some additional modern appointments have been added including a truss rod with a distinct Art Deco truss rod cover, and Gold Grover Super Rotomatic tuners. A deluxe hardshell case is included.
- Body: 3"
- Top: Spruce
- Pickup: Floating Kent Armstrong
- Binding: Multi bound
- Pickguard: Signature Stairstep tortoise with B-style mother-of-pearl inlay
- Bridge: Archtop ebony
- Tail piece: Signature Stairstep
- Controls: 1 volume/1 tone
- Hardware: Gold
- Machine head: Grover Super Rotomatic
- Nut: Bone 1-11/16"
- Neck Material: 3-piece neck maple/rosewood/maple
- Scale: 24.625
- Inlay: Mother-of-pearl
- Finishes: Acrylic urethane Vintage Sunburst
- Input jack: Side mount switchcraft
- Case Hardshell black Tolex
Take a trip back to the 1930s with the Ex-Style B. Order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Rich Sound
- Rock Concerts
- Small Venues
Comments about D'Angelico EX-Style B Acoustic-Electric Archtop Guitar:
My guitar teacher from high school had an original D'Angelico New Yorker from the 40s that I had the distinct pleasure of playing many years ago. I've been trying to find a guitar that has that old organic jazz tone, but with the durability of a modern instrument. The D'Angelico EX Style B is just this, and from the second I picked it up I knew it had the qualities I wanted. What I love most about this guitar is how full it sounds unplugged. Definitely perfect for someone trying to channel that old swing sound.