- Write a Review
An eye-catching acoustic-electric that bears the sonic marks of the metal master and good ol' American graphics.
Dave Mustaine named his signature acoustic-electric guitar "Mako" because of its shark gill-shaped soundhole, dorsal fin-shaped bridge, and shark's teeth pearl inlays. The soundhole provides plenty of projection while the sharp Florentine cutaway on the mahogany body with spruce top promotes upper fretboard shredding. The built-in tuner ensures the only dischords you play are intentional. Dave uses his Mako in the studio for layering and texturing tracks and features it on the intro to "The Hardest Part of Letting Go." Other distinctive features on the Dave Mustaine Mako include an ebony fingerboard, black NuBone nut and saddle, Grover tuners, and Fishman ISYS+ preamp with the aforementioned tuner.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Single
- Top wood: Solid Spruce
- Back & sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Info not available
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Info not available
- Nut width: 1.6 in. (41 mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.25 in.
- Number of frets: 21
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman
- Configuration: Behind-the-saddle piezo
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: Phase
- Tuner: Yes
- Headstock overlay: Ebony
- Tuning machines: Grover
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle & nut: NuBone
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Top graphic
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
Don't jump this shark. That would be un-American. Order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Dean Dave Mustaine Mako Glory Acoustic-Electric Guitar:
I played this guitar about 1-3 hours per week and the frets are already wearing out after less than 3.5 years. Warrantee does NOT cover fret wear. The guitar absolutely sings in sound quality but the frets are super dirt poor quality. I have other guitars I've played for over 20 years that aren't even close to fret wear like this one.
- Was this a gift?: