- J38349 000001000 J38349000001000
EKO Ranger VI Vintage Reissue Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
In 1962, EKO decided to produce a series of folk guitars because of popular demand by Italian and foreign markets. After thorough market research, th...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
An Italian stallion given a new chance to ride, and now with electronics.
In 1962, EKO decided to produce a series of folk guitars because of popular demand by Italian and foreign markets. After thorough market research, they chose a dreadnought shape which was popular in the U.S. at the time. Initially the 6-string J54 was produced. It was an immediate success due to style, playability and price. It wasn’t long until there was a demand for a 12-string version, especially in US and UK, which led to the J56, as it was named until ‘67. In a relatively short time, the J56 became the best-selling 12-string guitar on the market.
In 1967, both the 6-string and 12-string went through a restyle and the new versions were showcased under the names of Ranger VI and Ranger XII. EKO is continuing the tradition of the Ranger with Vintage Reissue 6- and 12-string versions. The Ranger is the guitar that truly represents the history of EKO. Its a guitar that has been very prominent in the past, continues to be very important today, and will surely help define the future of EKO. The Ranger VI Vintage Reissue brings new life to the most beautiful and interesting features used in the past, and has added modern electronics for today's performers.
- Body type:Dreadnought
- Top wood:Spruce
- Back & sides:Mahogany
- Bracing pattern:Info not available
- Body finish:NaturalGloss
- Orientation:Right handed
- Neck shape:Low profile
- Nut width:1.69 in. (43 mm)
- Neck wood:Mahogany
- Scale length:25.6 in.
- Number of frets:22
- Neck finish:GlossNatural
- Configuration:Sidemounted preamp
- Preamp EQ:2-band
- Feedback filter:Phase
- Headstock overlay:Rosewood
- Tuning machines:Die-cast
- Saddle & nut:Plastic
- Number of strings:6-string
- Special features:None
- Case:Sold separately
Go back to the classic days of EKO with this solid reissue. Order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.