- Back to Top
- OverviewJump to Overview
- FeaturesJump to Features
- WarrantyJump to Warranty
- ReviewsJump to Reviews
EKO Ranger XII Vintage Reissue 12-String Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
- #J37890 000002000 J37890000002000
- Free Shipping (48 Contiguous U.S. States)
In 1962, EKO decided to produce a series of folk guitars, upon popular demand by Italian and foreign markets. After a thorough market research, the d...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Stage-ready with a spruce top and Fishman electronics.
In 1962, EKO decided to produce a series of folk guitars, upon popular demand by Italian and foreign markets. After a thorough market research, the dreadnought shape was chosen, very much in fashion in the U.S. at the time. Initially the 6-string J54 was produced. It was an immediate success due to style, playability and price. It wasn’t long until there was a demand for a 12-string version, especially in US and UK, which led to the J56, as it was named until ‘67. After just a short time, the J56 became the best-selling 12-string guitar on the market.
In 1967, both the 6-string and 12-string went through a restyle and the new versions were showcased under the names of Ranger VI and Ranger XII. EKO is continuing the tradition of the Ranger with a Vintage Reissue version as 6 and 12-string. The Ranger is the guitar that very well represents the history of EKO. A guitar that has been very important in the past, continues to be very important today and will surely become more important in the future of EKO. It now brings new life the most beautiful and interesting features used in the past, all combined together in this stylish instrument. Case sold separately.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Spruce
- Back & sides: Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: Not specified
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Low profile
- Nut width: 2.04" (52mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 22
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Fishman Sonitone
- Configuration: Undersaddle piezo
- Preamp EQ: No
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Adjustable plastic saddle, Aluminum/Zero Fret nut
- Number of strings: 12-string
- Special features: Body style
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: China
Grab a 12-string with a great pedigree. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.