- 423699 000901000 423699000901000
Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci Signature JPX-7 7-String Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The awesome 7-string Music Man John Petrucci Signature JPX-7 Electric Guitar commemorates 10 years of collaboration between Music Man and Dream Theat...Read More
The awesome 7-string Music Man John Petrucci Signature JPX-7 Electric Guitar commemorates 10 years of collaboration between Music Man and Dream Theater guitarist John Petrucci. With a slightly enlarged contoured alder body, ebony fingerboard with custom JP inlays, and 24 jumbo frets, the Petrucci signature guitar also has a select mahogany neck. The updated body shape has a slightly thinner upper horn and a more symmetrical bridge end profile. The guitar's body is chambered for added acoustic resonance.
The Petrucci JPX-7 guitar neck is super secure with a 5-bolt joint and a rounded heel that lets you comfortably access the entire fretboard. Black chrome hardware includes a custom John Petrucci Music Man piezo floating tremolo, and reliable Schaller M6-IND locking tuners.
The John Petrucci Signature JPX-7 is loaded with high-output humbucking pickups and a piezo pickup built into the tremolo bridge for both scorching electric and sweet acoustic guitar sounds. Traditional magnetic pickups include a DiMarzio Liquifire humbucker in the neck position and a DiMarzio Crunch Lab humbucker in the bridge position.
A specially-wired 5-way switch gives you access to the individual pickup coils so that you can combine them in both traditional and unique ways making the Music Man Petrucci guitar a sonic powerhouse. Traditional pickup controls include master volume and tone knobs. The acoustic piezo pickup gets its own separate volume control. A 3-way toggle switches you from the magnetic pickups to the piezo pickup, or combines both.
Dual output jacks give you the option of running either Piezo/Mono (output 1) or Magnetic/Stereo (output 2). Music Man includes a hardshell case with the signature John Petrucci JPX-7 guitar.
A 10 year collaboration produces a more evolved signature model.
- Style: double cutaway chambered 7-string
- Body wood: alder with maple top and mahogany tone block
- Body finish: high gloss polyester
- Body colors: Barolo
- Bridge: Custom John Petrucci Music Man Piezo floating tremolo, made of chrome plated, hardened steel with solid steel saddles. Black finish
- Neck wood: select mahogany
- Fingerboard: ebony, Stainless Steel frets
- Fret markers: custom JP inlays
- Neck finish: high gloss polyester
- Neck colors: color matches body
- Tuning machines: Schaller M6-IND locking in black finish with black buttons
- Truss rod: adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic shielding: graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum control cover
- Controls: volume (500kohm) and tone (.022f tone capacitor), Volume (Piezo pickup)
- Switching: 5-way lever pickup selector; 3-way toggle piezo/magnetic selector
- Pickups: 7-string DiMarzio Liquifire humbucker - neck; 7-string DiMarzio Crunch Lab humbucker - bridge; piezo pickup (built into tremolo bridge )
- Strings: 10p-13p-17p-26w-36w-46w (RPS 10 Slinkys #2240)
Order a signature guitar that really does have it all!
John Petrucci Signature JPX-7 7-String Electric Guitar
- Body size: 12-3/8" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 37" long (31.4 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick, 94.0 cm long)
Scale length: 25-1/2" (64.8 cm)
Neck radius: 15" (38.1 cm)
Frets: 24 - jumbo profile, wide
- Pickup switching: 5-Position blade:
- Position 1. coils 1+2 (series)
- Position 2. coils 1+4 (parallel)
- Position 3. coils 1+2 and 3+4 (parallel)
- Position 4. coils 2+3 (parallel)
- Position 5. coils 3+4 (series)
(Bridge pickup: coils 1 & 2; Neck pickup: coils 3 & 4)
- Pickup switching: 3-Position toggle:
- Position 1. Piezo pickup
- Position 2. Piezo and magnetic pickups
- Position 3. magnetic pickups
Output one: Piezo/Mono
Output two: Magnetic/Stereo
Review Snapshot®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci Signature JPX-7 7-String Electric Guitar:
These guitars are some the best playing production guitars currently being made. Super versatile, awesome playability, and great tone and sustain. The pickup selector switch and piezo switch can be bumped accidentally if you get a little wild with your picking hand but other than that, I can't really say anything negative. I have some high end hand made customs, and I would put this thing in the same category quality wise, and in terms of playability.