More Info About Free 2-Day Standard Ground ShippingClose Window
- J06396 000001001 J06396000001001
Ernie Ball Music Man JP13 7-String Electric Guitar
Platinum Silver Rosewood Neck & Fretboard
- Write a Review
The Music Man JP13 John Petrucci 7-String Electric Guitar is the latest update to an already great guitar. It benefits from some key improvements inc...Read More
The latest update to an already great guitar.
The Music Man JP13 John Petrucci 7-String Electric Guitar is the latest update to an already great guitar. It benefits from some key improvements including a preamp circuit and a solo boost. This model differs from previous ones with its special all-rosewood neck.
Dual DiMarzio Custom Wound JP13 Pickups and a Piezo bridge pickup provide an expanded range of tones. The humbuckers are wired to a 3-way switch and push/push coil tap via the Tone knob. The Volume knob is also push/push to activate the gain boost, which has its own trim pot. A seperate Piezo volume control with pots for Mix, Bass and Treble lets you dial in just the right amount of acoustic sounds. Two output jacks for the magnetic and piezo pickups offer the choice of a combined mono or stereo signals.
The JP13 has a sleek basswood body with a maple top and mahogany tone block. The bolt-on rosewood neck is ultrafast with a rosewood fingerboard and 17" neck radius. It has 24 medium-jumbo stainless steel frets and JP13 inlays. Schaller tuners and a Custom John Petrucci Music Man Piezo floating tremolo add to the list of features. Includes case.
As John himself puts it: "I'm incredibly proud to debut my new JP13 signature Music Man guitar! Through experimentation while on the stage and in the studio, revelations both sonically and as they pertain to design have allowed me and the gifted team at MM to update and improve the features of the JP over the years. The 13 marks the first time a preamp circuit has been introduced in this guitar along with a solo boost conveniently accessed from the volume knob. The enhanced tonal range and openness is noticeable and welcomed from the moment you plug it in. I hope that anyone who plays the new JP13 enjoys it as much as I do, and with these new features I'm pretty confident that you will!"
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Plain maple
- Body wood: Basswood with mahogany tone block
- Body finish: High-gloss polyester
- Orientation: Right handed
- Shape: John Petrucci
- Wood: Rosewood
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: High-gloss polyester
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 17"
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Custom JP
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Illuminator
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Illuminator
- Brand: DiMarzio
- Active or passive: Active
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Piezo: Yes
- Active EQ: Not applicable
- Special electronics: Push/push tone control, Push/push volume boost
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: Dual 3-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil split
- Kill switch: Not applicable
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Piezo floating tremolo
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Schaller
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 7-string
- Special features: Versatile electronics
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Warranty card, adjustment tools
- Country of origin: United States
See what a little bit more rosewood can do for your tone. Order today.