- H96951 000001000 H96951000001000
Ernie Ball Music Man Luke III HSS Electric Guitar
Roasted Neck Blue
- Write a Review
Guitarist Steve Lukather has been an endorser of Ernie Ball Music Man guitars for years with his own signature models that are no different than the ...Read More
Guitarist Steve Lukather has been an endorser of Ernie Ball Music Man guitars for years with his own signature models that are no different than the ones he plays on stage. The Music Man Luke III HSS Electric Guitar represents Steve's further evolution towards the perfect performance guitar.
This run of the LIII features an alder body, a 22-fret full-roasted maple neck and new passive DiMarzio pickups with custom Music Man active preamp. Electronics include a 500kOhm passive tone control and a Volume control with a Push/Push switch for an adjustable Volume boost.
Similar in style, the Luke III exhibits a broader, more defined tone while retaining the familiar shape and feel as the original Luke model. Other standard features include a Music Man Vintage tremolo and 5-way pickup selector switch. Includes case.
A broader, more defined tone with upgraded electronics and a roasted maple neck.
- Alder body
- 22-fret roasted maple neck
- DiMarzio pickups with custom Music Man active preamp
- 5-way pickup selector switch, master Volume and Tone controls
- Push/Push switch on Volume control for an adjustable Gain Boost Level
- Music Man Vintage tremolo
- Includes case
Raise the bar with the right guitar. Order today.
Luke III HSS Electric Guitar
- Model: LukeIII
- Size: 12-3/16" wide, 1-3/4" thick, 36-7/16" long (31.0cm wide, 4.5cm thick, 92.6cm long)
- Weight: 7lb., 8oz (3.40kg) - varies slightly
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: High-gloss polyester
- Bridge: Standard - Music Man floating vintage tremolo of chrome plated, hardened steel with bent steel saddles
- Scale Length: 25-1/2" (64.8cm)
- Neck Radius: 12" (30.5cm)
- Headstock Size: Only 5-7/8" (14.9cm) long
- Frets: 22 - Low profile, wide
- Neck Width: 1-5/8" (41.3mm) at nut, 2-3/16" (55.6mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood: Select roasted maple neck
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Neck Colors: Standard - Natural with finished headstock
- Tuning Machines: Schaller M6-IND locking
- Truss Rod: Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment: 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding: Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined control cover
- Controls: Custom Music Man active preamp; push/push volume for gain boost, 500kOhm passive tone - .022µF tone capacitor
- Switching:5-way lever pickup selector
- Pickups: HSS with 1 DiMarzio Transition humbucking; 2 DiMarzio custom single coil
- Strings:9p-11p-16p-24w-32w-42w (RPS 9 Slinkys #2239)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Solid Electronics
Comments about Ernie Ball Music Man Luke III HSS Electric Guitar:
After over 20 years, I think I finally found the perfect all around guitar for me...I was able to cheat a little because I purchased a Luke III HH about a month ago and love that guitar dearly. The HSS model is even better. Now I am able to get the true single coil strat tone when I want and the heavy shred metal tone as well. It's just a phenomenal instrument. Music man really out-did themselves this time. I've had other Music Man guitars in the past so I'm familiar with their quality but the specs (both technical and physical) are amazing. It's as if Steve Lukather and my hands are the same exact size. Nevertheless, everything about this guitar from the wood combination to the playability and of course the tone are a perfect 10. I've owned Suhrs and Andersons at twice the price and they didn't feel nearly as good as this guitar.
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.