Join the celebration to honor the guitar that changed popular music forever.
The Fender Custom Shop's popular La Cabronita Especial Telecaster models now join the family in the form of the Cabronita Telecaster—a Telecaster with "a lot more attitude"—which boasts a slab body and TV Jones® Filter'Tron™ pickups.
On its 1951 introduction, the Telecaster was a revolutionary instrument that would usher in whole new eras of musical innovation and excitement. Sixty years later, in 2011, it is an archetypal electric guitar with a long and storied history. The rich history of Fender guitars begins with the Telecaster, and Fender is celebrating its 60th anniversary all year with 12 very special "Tele-bration" models that stay inside the Telecaster's famously elegant lines while offering the finest and most unusual takes on the instrument's past, present and future.
- Series: Tele-bration
- Body Shape: Telecaster®
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Neck: Maple, Modern "C" Shape
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane Front, Satin Urethane Back
- Fretboard: Maple
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.13 cm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dot Position Inlays
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex™ Truss Rod System
- Truss Rod Nut: 1/8" American Series Nut
- Pickups: TV Jones Filtertron™ Bridge Pickup
- TV Jones Filtertron™ Neck Pickup
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Deluxe Staggered Cast/Sealed Tuning Machines
- Bridge: American Strings-Through-Body Hard-Tail with Block Saddles
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Strings: Fender® USA, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
Order your 60th Anniversary Telecaster today.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Fender 60th Anniversary Cabronita Telecaster Electric Guitar:
My main guitar is an American Standard Telecaster. I play clean country and blues sometimes loud. This guitar has the most unique, full, ballsy tone. At full volume it drives chords and leads into another dimension. If you are concerned about not having a tone knob not to worry. Just back off the volume a tad and pump it back up for leads and driving chords. You may find you don't need or like a dirt pedal anymore when you get use to a totally unique clean sustaining sound. It's not Strat, Tele, or LP sounding. Hard to explain it. The overall quality is 110% flawless. Setup to finish. The neck shape and feel is super. I don't think my LP Studio will get much use any more for jazz, blues and pop.
Its not a barging basement guitar. If your are a tone or sound nut and been looking for a sound you can call your own this is the gold mine. At least to me it is.