- Product H71849
Fender 60th Anniversary Old Growth Redwood Telecaster Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The 60th Anniversary Old Growth Redwood Telecaster is hewn from 1890s redwood timbers that long ago formed a railway trestle bridge spanning Brown's ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Join the celebration to honor the guitar that changed popular music forever.
The 60th Anniversary Old Growth Redwood Telecaster is hewn from 1890s redwood timbers that long ago formed a railway trestle bridge spanning Brown's Canyon near the Northern California town of Occidental. The more-than-a-century-old wood has an elegant hand-rubbed oil finish, and the guitar comes with photos and history of the bridge.
On its 1951 introduction, the Telecaster was a revolutionary instrument that would usher in whole new eras of musical innovation and excitement. Sixty years later, in 2011, it is an archetypal electric guitar with a long and storied history. The rich history of Fender guitars begins with the Telecaster, and Fender is celebrating its 60th anniversary all year with 12 very special "Tele-bration" models that stay inside the Telecaster's famously elegant lines while offering the finest and most unusual takes on the instrument's past, present and future.
- Series: Tele-bration
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Body Material: Aged Redwood
- Body Finish: Hand-Rubbed Oil Finish
- Neck: Maple, "U" Shape
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer Front, Satin Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fretboard: Maple
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (24.13 cm)
- Frets: 21, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dot Position Inlays
- Scale Length: 25.5" (64.8 cm)
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone
- Truss Rod: Vintage Style Truss Rod
- Pickups: '62 Tele Custom Single-Coil Pickup (Bridge)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge
- and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Delta Tone
- Special Electronics: No-Load Tone Control
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Bridge: American Tele with New American Standard Bent Steel Saddles
- and Stamped Brass Plate
- Control Knobs: Knurled Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black, (5-Hole)
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Incl. Accessories: '60s-style tolex hardshell case, Vintage Leather Strap, Cable, Polishing Cloth; Materials
- Describing the Provenance of the Redwood
Order your 60th Anniversary Telecaster today.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
I picked up one of these recently. And my god, I been in love ever since. It is so smooth, and silky sounding on the neck. Not uber muddy. The bridge has all the tele twang you want, and a solid kick as well. The playability is off the charts, man. Straight up. I run it through a Marshall JCM800 Super Lead head and an Orange 4-12 Cab, a Big Muff, and of course, my tuner. All Lavacables. Get it now, or face the wrath of the guitar gods for passing it up.
- Fun To Play
- Good Pick Up
- School Bands
Compared with Galszka tele today thinking trade in.
After trial for 30min. persuading myself CS master
build should be better.I left the shop with notes in
my hand. Redwood tele is so light & sings so sweetly.
It's a speacial one. Mind you mine was sent for a
luthier to reassmble the same parts & chnged inside
wires.I would recommend that inprote it's build qualty.