- Product 514453
Fender American Vintage '70s Thin-Skin Stratocaster
- Write a Review
Admit it, you loved the '70s, and so does Fender! To show their love, Fender has added the "Thin Skin" lacquer treatment and larger (medium jumbo) fr...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A blast from the past lives again in all its glory!
Admit it, you loved the '70s, and so does Fender!
To show their love, Fender has added the "Thin Skin" lacquer treatment and larger (medium jumbo) frets to the '70s Stratocaster body. The think skin treatment is usually done on Fenderr Custom Shop models but is not typically seen on production-line models. It allows the wood to breathe and make the guitar sound better. The addition of larger frets, a common aftermarket uptrade in the 1970s and 1980s, improves sustain and the singing nature of the Strat. Players who love to bend strings appeciate having larger frets on their Stratocaster.
This hybrid "best of the '70s" American Vintage Stratocaster guitar features all of the greatest elements of the now-classic '70s Strat guitars, including an ash body, U-shaped maple neck with improved three-bolt neck and Micro Tilt neck adjustment, '70-'71 vintage-correct bridge, "Diamond Head 'F'" tuners and specially voiced pickups. Other features include the unmistakable large headstock, '70s-style decal and bullet truss rod adjustment nut.
- Body: Ash
- Neck: Maple, U-shaped, (Gloss polyurethane finish)
- Fingerboard: 7.25" radius (184mm)
- No. of Frets: 21 large medium jumbo
- Pickups: 3 vintage-style single-coil Strat pickups with Alnico 5 Magnets
- Controls: Master volume, Tone 1. (neck pickup), Tone 2. (middle pickup)
- Pickup switching: 3-position blade:
- Position 1. bridge pickup
- Position 2. middle pickup
- Position 3. neck pickup
- (5-way switch Included in kit)
- Bridge: vintage-style Synchronized Tremolo
- Machine heads: Fender/Schaller Vintage "F" Style tuning machines
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: 3-Ply
- Scale length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Width at nut: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Unique features: Upgraded ash tonewood (the preferred tone-wood by many Fender Strat connoisseurs), the ash body is finished with "Thin Skin" nitrocellulous lacquer for improved resonance, medium jumbo frets for superior sustain and ring of each musical note, Large headstock, '70s-style decal, U-shaped maple neck, bullet truss rod adjustment nut, 3-bolt neck plate with Micro-Tilt neck adjustment, white dot position inlays
- Strings: Fender Super Bullets 3250L, Nickel Plated Steel, (.009 to .042), p/n 073-3250-003
- Accessories: 5-Position Switch Update Kit
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
I really like the way it plays and sounds. It's put together well and doesn't have the "credit card" gap between the neck and body that I've heard happens with a lot of Fenders. The only thing I'm not used to is the floating bridge. When you bend the B string at or around the 14-18 fret, you have to be perfect because if you go beyond the matching note on the E string, it will pull the bridge forward a bit and flatten the E string note. It just takes getting used to I guess and if you don't over bend it, it sounds perfect. There's something about the neck though...it just feels really good. I have a Les Paul double cutaway, a Peavey Tiger Eye and a Vester Srat copy that's pretty nice but I really like the Vintage more right now for some reason.
This guitar is sent down from the Fender Gods to please the ears and souls of music lovers everywhere. Strap it on. Feel it's power. Hear it's voice. It feels like it is a part of you and you are a part of it. The look turns heads. The tone is pure magic. Run her clean or throw some pedals at her. She will leave you wanting more. This is a guitar you worshiped at the alter of Rock and Roll. Harmonics are phenomenal. Throw on a slide and go to town. You will not want to put this baby down.