- Write a Review
Send out some good vibes with this vintage styled acoustic.
The Fender California Series Sonoran SCE Cutaway Dreadnought Left-Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar is the perfect guitar to hit the beach with. This left-handed cutaway beauty with electronics features a Stratocaster guitar headstock, scalloped bracing, soft C-shaped maple neck, rosewood fingerboard with checkerboard binding, and vintage-style pickguard. It's perfect for Fender enthusiasts, fans of vintage-style guitars, players who want a different look and vibe and anyone who wants to ride the wave of Fender's rich musical history and SoCal lifestyle.
- Series: California
- Body Style: Dreadnought
- Top: Solid Spruce Top
- Back and Sides: Laminated Mahogany Back, Laminated Mahogany Sides
- Gloss finish on neck and body
- Scalloped X bracing
- Maple neck
- 20 Fret rosewood fingerboard
- Rosewood bridge with compensated bone saddle
- Hardware: Chrome
- Strings: Fender Dura-Tone Coated 80/20 Bronze (.012-.052 Gauge)
- Electronics: Fishman Isys III System with Active On-Board Pre-Amp and Tuner
- Unique Features: Fender Stratocaster Headstock Shape, Matching Painted Headstock, Fender Tight Dreadnought Body Shape, Dual Action Truss Rod, "Viking" Fender Bridge, Factory Mounted Forward Strap Button with Internal Block Reinforcement, White Dot Inlays, Checkerboard Rosette, Vintage "C" Shaped Neck, Multiple Body Bindings, Bone Nut and Saddle
All you need are some tasty waves, this guitar and you'll be fine. Order today.
- Scale Length: 25.5 in. (64.3 cm)
- Body Width: 3.75 in. (front) to 4.75 in. (rear)
- Nut: 1.625 in. (41.3 mm)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Front Strap Pin
- Good balance
- Nice electronics
- Plays Easily
- Stays in tune
- Strat Style Headstock
- Very nice looking
- No Bag
- Jamming with friends
Comments about Fender California Series Sonoran SCE Cutaway Dreadnought Left-Handed Acoustic-Electric Guitar:
I highly recommend this guitar to all lefties looking for a good acoustic-electric for your hard earned money. Fortunately, I have been able to own Gibsons, Martins, Guilds & Takamines, Fenders and some lesser known brands of lefties through the years. I am not a professional nor even close to it but hopefully this information will be helpful.
For a guitar in this price range, the Sonoran SCE is a great sounding, easy playing, good looking guitar.
Out of the box, the action was great and the build quality was perfect. The playabilty is awesome for a guitar is this price range especially for an acoustic. This is an excellent first guitar or even an upgrade from your first acoustic. Barre chords are much easier to play on this guitar than a "starter guitar". The balance between the base and treble is very good due to the solid top. The Fishman electronics with onboard tuner are very easy to use plus the balance is still very good when plugged in. This guitar comes with the factory installed, properly located front strap pin that keeps the guitar balanced when playing while standing. The strat style head stock really improves the looks of this guitar and is very handy when tuning with all of the tuners on the top side. It stays in tune very well while the sustain and tone is very good.
Fender has continually improved this guitar over the years by adding a bone saddle & nut. The new Viking bridge seems to improve tone and sustain over the older versions of the Sonoran & the Lefty Kingman SCE that has been discontinued.
It would be nice if it came with a padded gig bag but what do you expect at this price. A bag, a case or a box will not make a guitar play any better. You may want to consider buying a bag to keep it safe.
Buy yourself one of these Fender Sonorans before they are discontinued. You won't regret it!
- Was this a gift?: