- Product J11903
Fender Custom Shop 1954 NOS Stratocaster Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
This special guitar honors the Stratocaster's very first model year and is finely crafted with a rich selection of features and appointments, in addi...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A glorious celebration of the great guitar's first year.
This special guitar honors the Stratocaster's very first model year and is finely crafted with a rich selection of features and appointments, in addition to a New-Old-Stock treatment that creates the effect of a well-preserved, yet vintage instrument.
The one-piece ash body is wonderfully light and responsive. It bares a nitrocellulose lacquer finish in a choice of colors that don't inhibit in any way the body's natural brightness or resonance.
The one-piece quartersawn maple neck has a wonderfully comfortable 1954 "U"-shaped profile and tinted lacquer finish. The maple fingerboard has a 9.5" radius, slightly flatter than the original, and twenty-one 6105 frets for smooth modern playability.
Three 1954 single-coil Stratocaster pickups deliver a singing original-era voice. They're not overwound and have just the right amount of response to capture all the gorgeous tone that the ash body and maple neck produce. A 5-way switch, instead of the original 3-way, is added to this vintage recreation, bringing the mixed-pickup settings that Strat players rely on.
Other features include a single-ply white pickguard, synchronized tremolo bridge with six "patent pending" saddles and serial number-stamped trem plate (a special 1954 touch), vintage-style tuners and nickel-chrome hardware. The guitar comes in a tweed "center-pocket" case with Stratocaster 60th Anniversary embroidery and an included 60th Anniversary commemorative book.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Gloss Lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: 1954 U
- Neck wood: Maple Quartersawn
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.65" (42mm)
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: 1954 single-coil Stratocaster
- Middle: 1954 single-coil Stratocaster
- Bridge: 1954 single-coil Stratocaster
- Brand: Fender Custom shop
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Vintage synchronized tremolo
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Deluxe vintage
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: NOS treatment
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Cable, strap, certificate of authenticity
- Country of origin: United States
If you weren't there in '54 to buy one new, here's a second chance. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Good Feel
- Good Tone
- Top Notch Guitar
- Rock Concerts
- School Bands
- Small Venues
Comments about Fender Custom Shop 1954 NOS Stratocaster Electric Guitar:
bought this on sale - it wasn't on my 'want list' but i couldn't resist the great price - such a great guitar: the finish is outstanding - amazing feel and playability. i purchased the black version, and it is an instant classic. the neck is the best feature of the guitar, nice size and very smooth the nitro finish is very thin and not too sticky. case candy is a plus (although i am not a big fan of the custom shop strap - why so long?) -
any how, this is one fine guitar, if i had the money i would buy one in every color available. might be time for a second mortgage.