- H78905 000001000 H78905000001000
Fender Custom Shop 1955 Telecaster Relic Ash Masterbuilt by John Cruz
- Write a Review
The Fender Custom Shop 1955 Telecaster Relic Ash Electric Guitar Masterbuilt by John Cruz will please any vintage Tele fan fortunate enough to strap ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A relic'd masterpiece of ash, maple and hand-wound pickups.
The Fender Custom Shop 1955 Telecaster Relic Ash Electric Guitar Masterbuilt by John Cruz will please any vintage Tele fan fortunate enough to strap it on. Close inspection reveals the remarkable workmanship and relic treatment that John of Fender Custom Shop is known for. It's available in a vintage combination of Tele specs. It has an ash body with a maple neck sporting a "U" back shape. The fingerboard is maple with 21 vintage frets and a compound radius. Chrome hardware, a vintage bridge, a single-ply pickguard and two hand-wound Tele pickups come together to produce a fantastic look and classic Tele tone. Includes case.
John Cruz came to Fender in 1987, joined the Custom Shop in 1993 and became a Master Builder in 2003. Custom guitars are his passion, and he is the man behind several famous Custom Shop instruments, including the replica of Stevie Ray Vaughan's famous Number One Stratocaster guitar.
Cruz also built the limited-run Moto guitar and amp sets, worked on the '49 Woody amp project and developed all production processes for the Rory Gallagher and Muddy Waters tribute guitars. Further, his meticulous work was essential to all aspects of the initial Custom Shop Relic guitars and basses, and he initiated the Custom Shops quality assurance program.
Cruz has built fantastic guitars for players such as Doug Aldrich (Dio, Whitesnake), Dave Amato and Bruce Hall (REO Speedwagon), Mick Mars (Motley Crue), Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi), Bono (U2), Duff McKagan (Guns N' Roses), Ike Turner and Brad Whitford (Aerosmith).
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Ash 1-piece
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: 1954 U
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Maple
- Radius: Compound 7.25"-9.5"
- Fret size: Medium Stew Mac Vintage
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: Not specified
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Handwound Twisted Tele
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Handwound '51 Nocaster
- Brand: Fender Custom shop
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 4-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 3-saddle vintage-style
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Relic treatment
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
You don't have to be the highest bidder to own this masterpiece. Call Private Reserve today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.