More Info About Free 2-Day Standard Ground ShippingClose Window
- H78914 000001000 H78914000001000
Fender Custom Shop 1959 Esquire Custom Relic Masterbuilt by John Cruz
- Write a Review
The Fender Custom Shop 1959 Esquire Custom Relic Masterbuilt by John Cruz will please any vintage Tele fan fortunate enough to strap it on. Close ins...Read More
A relic'd masterpiece of alder, maple, Indian rosewood and a hand-wound pickup.
The Fender Custom Shop 1959 Esquire Custom Relic Masterbuilt by John Cruz will please any vintage Tele fan fortunate enough to strap it on. Close inspection reveals the remarkable workmanship and relic treatment that John of Fender Custom Shop is known for. It's available in a vintage combination of Esquire specs. It has an alder body with a maple neck sporting a "U" back shape. The fingerboard is Dark Indian rosewood with 21 vintage frets and a compound radius. Chrome hardware, a vintage Tele bridge, a single-ply pickguard and one hand-wound 1963 Tele pickup come together to produce a fantastic look and classic Esquire tone. Includes hardshell case.
John Cruz came to Fender in 1987, joined the Custom Shop in 1993 and became a Master Builder in 2003. Custom guitars are his passion, and he is the man behind several famous Custom Shop instruments, including the replica of Stevie Ray Vaughan's famous Number One Stratocaster guitar.
Cruz also built the limited-run Moto guitar and amp sets, worked on the '49 Woody amp project and developed all production processes for the Rory Gallagher and Muddy Waters tribute guitars. Further, his meticulous work was essential to all aspects of the initial Custom Shop Relic guitars and basses, and he initiated the Custom Shops quality assurance program.
Cruz has built fantastic guitars for players such as Doug Aldrich (Dio, Whitesnake), Dave Amato and Bruce Hall (REO Speedwagon), Mick Mars (Motley Crue), Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi), Bono (U2), Duff McKagan (Guns N' Roses), Ike Turner and Brad Whitford (Aerosmith).
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Alder 1-piece
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: 1954 U
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood Dark Indian
- Radius: Compound 7.25"-9.5"
- Fret size: Medium Stew Mac Vintage
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: Not specified
- Configuration: S
- Neck: Not applicable
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: 1963 Tele
- Brand: Fender Custom shop
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way, position one/wide open, position two/volume and tone controls, position three/high-cut tone filter
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 3-saddle vintage-style
- Tailpiece: String thru body
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Relic treatment
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
You don't have to be the highest bidder to own this masterpiece. Call Private Reserve today.