- Product J32535
Fender Custom Shop 1961 Rosewood Fingerboard Relic Stratocaster Masterbuilt by Dale Wilson
- Write a Review
The Fender Custom Shop 1961 Rosewood Fingerboard Heavy Relic Stratocaster Masterbuilt by Dale Wilson will please any Strat fan fortunate enough ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A perfect recreation of an iconic guitar.
The Fender Custom Shop 1961 Rosewood Fingerboard Heavy Relic Stratocaster Masterbuilt by Dale Wilson will please any Strat fan fortunate enough to strap it on. Close inspection reveals the remarkable workmanship and attention to detail for which Dale of Fender Custom Shop is known.
This special Strat is available in a vintage combination of Strat specs and features a heavy relic treatment. It has a contoured alder body with a AAA flame maple neck sporting a '60s C back shape and a compound radius. The fingerboard is dark Indian rosewood with 21 frets, leading to Vintage Fender logo tuners. Perfectly incorporating a Vintage Strat tremolo bridge, the 3-ply mint pickguard houses three Josefina handwound '60s Strat pickups for classic Strat tone. Includes hardshell case.
Dale Wilson Master Builder
Dale Wilson arrived at Fender in 2003, joined the Custom Shop in 2005 and became a Master Builder in 2011. Building guitars has been a driving passion for the California native since childhood.
Ever since I can remember, I've always loved guitars, he said. I didn't dream of being a rock star; I dreamed of building the ultimate guitar. I was equally enthralled with the guitars just as much as I was with the players.
Wilson comes from a long line of expert woodworkers, and the requisite Custom Shop zeal for outstanding craftsmanship has long been part of his DNA. He did repair work and mods in a small guitar shop right out of high school in the late 1980s; subsequently moving on to stints at Dobro and Rickenbacker before arriving at Fender, where he worked on Guild, Gretsch and Benedetto guitars before beginning his apprenticeship with various Custom Shop Master Builders.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Relic Lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: '60s C
- Neck wood: Maple AAA flame
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Dark Indian Rosewood
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: 6105
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.656" (42mm)
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Handwound '60s Strat
- Middle: Handwound '60s Strat
- Bridge: Handwound '60s Strat
- Brand: Fender Custom shop
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: Yes
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 6-saddle vintage-style
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Masterbuilt
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Certificate of authenticity
- Country of origin: United States
Own a piece of history. Order today.