More Info About Free 2-Day Standard Ground ShippingClose Window
- #J30860 000001000 J30860000001000
Fender Custom Shop 20th Anniversary Relic Nocaster Electric Guitar
Aged Blue Sparkle
- Write a Review
Mojo, vibe, coolness: words often used to describe a vintage Fender guitar that has not only seen history, but also made history. From the genesis of...Read More
Vintage specs and a limited run make this an instant classic.
Mojo, vibe, coolness: words often used to describe a vintage Fender guitar that has not only seen history, but also made history. From the genesis of solidbody electric guitars in 1950 to the unleashing of the popular Relic guitars, Fender has been there for the momentous events that defined guitar culture.
The year 1995 was a landmark in the history of the Fender Custom Shop—the year it introduced the world to Relic guitars at NAMM, including the venerable ’51 Nocaster. Displayed in two glass cases, along with the ’56 Mary Kaye Stratocaster, with no fanfare, these instruments blindsided dealers who were awestruck by what they believed were original models displayed in tribute to the company’s roots—examples of collectors’ and tonehounds' most-wanted guitars. Little did they know these two instruments were actually "new pairs of old shoes"—offering the beloved authentic vintage sound and broken-in feel of the original ’50s models without requiring decades of use.
Ingeniously "reliced" by the Custom Shop and limited to a run of 95 units (a tribute to the year they were released), the Fender Custom Shop 20th Anniversary Relic Nocaster honors the evolution of relicing and the Custom Shop’s mastery of the art. The 1995 NAMM originals respected the Fender legacy—the Telecaster as a true workingman's guitar that stands up to the tests of time and hard use. It’s more than "just an instrument," it's an extension of the player.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Lightweight ash
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Nocaster U
- Neck wood: Maple 1-piece quartersawn
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fret size: Narrow jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.656" (42mm)
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Handwound '51 Nocaster
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Handwound '51 Nocaster
- Brand: Fender Custom shop
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Modern wiring
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 3-saddle vintage-style
- Tailpiece: String thru body
- Tuning machines: Vintage F stamped
- Color: Nickel/chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Cable, strap, tools, certificate of authenticity
- Country of origin: United States
Grab this awesome guitar while it's in stock. Order today.