More Info About Free 2-Day Standard Ground ShippingClose Window
- J40542 000008000 J40542000008000
Fender Custom Shop '60s Imperial Arc Stratocaster Maple Fingerboard SSS Masterbuilt by Paul Waller
Sonic Blue over Olympic White
- Write a Review
The limited-edition Fender Custom Shop Dealer Select Imperial Arc Stratocaster is a 3-year Master-Built dream realized. Conceived in a Corona, CA. Me...Read More
Versatile electronics with a story to tell.
The limited-edition Fender Custom Shop Dealer Select Imperial Arc Stratocaster is a 3-year Master-Built dream realized. Conceived in a Corona, CA. Mexican restaurant and illustrated on a napkin, the Imperial Arc Strat was envisioned to be an exquisite old guitar to the touch, but with magical electronic powers to generate otherworldly sounds.
The journey begins with a 1960 quartersawn oval C-shaped maple neck with a 9.5” radius maple fingerboard and 6105 frets. The alder body boasts a color-over-color finish – only two of each combination have been produced. Both neck and body are sprayed with nitrocellulose lacquer and relic’d.
The Seymour Duncan custom single-coil pickups were created just for the Imperial Arc Series. The bridge pickup is a "lipstick"-style design. A Fender S-1 volume control switch enables a 12dB variable boost that is controlled by the 2nd tone control – dial in the boost you want. The boost is true bypass; the guitar is passive when the boost is switched off. The resulting tone is sweet, throaty - electrifying. Includes hardshell case.
Master Builder Paul Waller is a Southern California native with woodworking and guitar making in his blood. He built his first guitar at age 14 in his high school woodshop and hasn’t looked back since.
He joined a cabinet shop right out of high school and, after a stint at a small Southern California guitar maker, enrolled at the acclaimed Roberto-Venn School of Luthiery in Phoenix in 2000. There he trained extensively in electric and acoustic guitar construction and repair, specializing in arch-top work, which remains his favorite.
Waller joined Fender in 2003 fresh from his training at Roberto-Venn. He spent two years working closely with master arch-top craftsman Bob Benedetto, and he became steeped in the many facets of building techniques from all the Custom Shop’s Master Builders.
His Fender Custom Shop work has included bass guitars for U2’s Adam Clayton, co-work on a Stratocaster for Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood, and highly unusual hand-carved arch-top and “carved brick” Telecaster
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Select Alder
- Body finish: Relic Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C mid '60s oval
- Neck wood: Quartersawn Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Nitrocellulose
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: Narrow jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.656 in. (42 mm)
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Custom single-coil
- Middle: Custom single-coil
- Bridge: Custom single-coil
- Brand: Seymour Duncan
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: S-1 switching, 12db variable boost on second tone control with true bypass design
- Control layout: Master volume, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 6-saddle vintage-style syncronized tremolo
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: 6-in-line American vintage
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Single-wing string trees, "Original Contour Body" decal, heavily distressed hardware and body, color-over-color body finish
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Certificate of authenticity, strap
Own this relic'd masterpiece. Order today.