- J40511 000001000 J40511000001000
Fender Custom Shop '60s Imperial Arc Stratocaster Rosewood Fingerboard HSS Masterbuilt by Dale Wilson Electric Guitar
Aztec Gold over 3-Color Sunburst
- Write a Review
The limited-edition Fender Custom Shop Dealer Select Imperial Arc Stratocaster HSS is a 3-year Master-Built dream realized. Conceived in a Corona, CA...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Versatile electronics with a story to tell.
The limited-edition Fender Custom Shop Dealer Select Imperial Arc Stratocaster HSS is a 3-year Master-Built dream realized. Conceived in a Corona, CA. Mexican restaurant and illustrated on a napkin, the Imperial Arc Strat HSS was envisioned to be an exquisite old guitar to the touch, but with magical electronic powers to generate otherworldly sounds.
The journey begins with a 1960 quartersawn oval C-shaped maple neck with a 9.5” radius Indian rosewood fingerboard and 6105 frets. The alder body boasts a color-over-color finish – only two of each combination have been produced. Both neck and body are sprayed with nitrocellulose lacquer and relic’d.
The Seymour Duncan custom Wide Range Zebra humbucker and neck and middle single-coils were created just for the Imperial Arc Series. The first tone control is a push/push pot that splits the humbucker. A Fender S-1 volume control switch enables a 12dB variable boost that is controlled by the 2nd tone control – dial in the boost you want. The boost is true bypass; the guitar is passive when the boost is switched off. The resulting tone is sweet, throaty - electrifying. Includes hardshell case.
Dale Wilson arrived at Fender in 2003, joined the Custom Shop in 2005 and became a Master Builder in 2011. Building guitars has been a driving passion for the California native since childhood.
“Ever since I can remember, I’ve always loved guitars,” he said. “I didn’t dream of being a rock star; I dreamed of building the ultimate guitar. I was equally enthralled with the guitars just as much as I was with the players.”
Wilson comes from a long line of expert woodworkers, and the requisite Custom Shop zeal for outstanding craftsmanship has long been part of his DNA. He did repair work and mods in a small guitar shop right out of high school in the late 1980s; subsequently moving on to stints at Dobro and Rickenbacker before arriving at Fender, where he worked on Guild, Gretsch and Benedetto guitars before beginning his apprenticeship with various Custom Shop Master Builders.
He enjoys calling upon his extensive and varied experience as a craftsman to create unique guitars such as the Resophonic Thinline Telecaster. Wilson also built five beautiful custom guitars for the January 2011 NAMM Show while still an apprentice, but was asked to signed the back of the headstocks and subsequently promoted to Fender Custom Shop Master Builder.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Select Alder
- Body finish: Relic Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C mid '60s oval
- Neck wood: Quartersawn Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Nitrocellulose
- Material: Indian rosewood
- Radius: 9.5 in.
- Fret size: Narrow jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.656 in. (42 mm)
- Configuration: HSS
- Neck: Custom single-coil
- Middle: Custom single-coil
- Bridge: Custom humbucking
- Brand: Seymour Duncan
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: S-1 switching Push/push tone control
- Control layout: Master volume, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil split
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 6-saddle vintage-style syncronized tremolo
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: 6-in-line American vintage
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Single-wing string trees, "Original Contour Body" decal, heavily distressed hardware and body, color-over-color body finish
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Certificate of authenticity, strap
Own this relic'd masterpiece. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.