- Product 620955
Fender Custom Shop '62 Stratocaster Heavy Relic Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
1962 was another watershed year for the Fender Stratocaster guitar. Five years of experimentation after the famous '57 model culminated in another be...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
One of the most desirable production Stratocaster models recreated to the finest detail.
1962 was another watershed year for the Fender Stratocaster guitar. Five years of experimentation after the famous '57 model culminated in another benchmark year for the Stratocaster. Now, the Fender Custom Shop '62 Stratocaster Heavy Relic recalls the vibe of its Kennedy-era progenitor, and features a capped rosewood fingerboard, three-ply aged white pickguard, unique '62 pickups, American vintage synchronized tremolo with cover, and Fender/Gotoh vintage style tuning machines. The 1962 Fender Stratocaster comes with hardshell case, strap, cable, bridge cover, and Certificate of Authenticity.
The Fender Custom Shop "Heavy Relic" treatment creates guitars that are super worn-in, like your favorite pair of jeans! They show the natural wear and tear from years of heavy use ” nicks, scratches, worn finish, rusty hardware and aged plastic parts.
The Fender Time Machine Stratocaster and other Time Machine electric guitars pay homage to specific years of some of our classic designs. All are built to exacting specifications of their respective vintages, including body contours and radii, neck shape, fingerboard radius, pickups and electronics. Original materials, tooling and production techniques are employed wherever possible to maintain the integrity of these Fender guitars.
- Series: Time Machine Series
- Model Name: 1962 Fender Stratocaster Heavy Relic Electric Guitar
- Body: comfort contoured alder
- Finish: 3-tone sunburst
- Neck: rosewood neck, custom "C" shape, (nitrocellulose lacquer finish)
- Fingerboard: rosewood, 7.25" radius (184mm)
- No. Of frets: 21 vintage style
- Pickups: 3 American Vintage '62 Strat Single-Coil Pickups with aged white covers
- Controls: volume, tone 1 (neck pickup), tone 2 (middle)
- Bridge: American vintage synchronized tremolo
- Machine heads: Fender/Gotoh vintage style tuning machines
- Hardware: nickel/chrome
- Pickguard: 3-ply mint green
- Scale length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Width at nut: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Strings Fender Super 250R, Nickel Plated Steel, (gauges: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046, p/n 073-0250-006)
- Accessories: strap, cable, bridge cover, Certificate of Authenticity
- Case: Hardshell
- Unique features:
- Aged knobs and switch tip
- Synthetic bone nut
- Bridge cover
- Light tint lacquer finish on neck,
- Custom shop limited edition decal,
- Shows extra wear and tear of years of heavy use, nicks, scratches, worn finish rusty hardware and aged plastic parts.
- 100 percent nitrocellulose lacquer finish
'62 Stratocaster Heavy Relic Electric Guitar
- Pickup switching: 3-position toggle:
- Position 1. bridge pickup
- Position 2. bridge and neck pickups
- Position 3. neck pickup