- Product 423529
Fender Custom Shop Limited 1950s Esquire Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The limited edition Fender Custom Shop '50s Esquire Electric Guitar is crafted with an ash body, a C-shaped maple neck, a vintage-style 3-saddle stri...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
An outstanding Custom Shop reproduction of Fender's most sought-after models!
The limited edition Fender Custom Shop '50s Esquire Electric Guitar is crafted with an ash body, a C-shaped maple neck, a vintage-style 3-saddle string-through-body Telecaster bridge, and a vintage-style single-coil Telecaster pickup with custom-wired 3-way switching.
The Esquire is among the most sought-after instruments in Fender's entire family of Telecaster guitars. Introduced in 1950, its unique circuitry and biting bridge pickup created a tonal sensation. It later became the weapon of choice for guiar greats including Jeff Beck and Bruce Springsteen, and has re-emerged time and again in the hands of many other great players.
Three-way switching on a single-pickup guitar gives you 3 preset tones. In the bridge position, the pickup is connected only to the volume control (the tone control is disconnected); this minimal circuitry produces more top-end sparkle than is possible with a Telecaster. In the middle position, the standard tone control circuit is activated. In the neck position, the tone control is again disengaged, but a tone-shaping capacitor rolls off much of the top end and some bottom, producing a darker tone and slight volume loss.
Fender includes a case, strap, cable, and a limited edition certificate of authenticity with each Limited 1950s Esquire guitar.
- Series: Limited
- Model name: Limited 1950s Esquire Electric Guitar
- Model number: 921-5000-005
- Colors: Nocaster blonde, (nitrocellulose lacquer finish)
- Body: ash
- Neck: 1-piece maple
- Fingerboard: maple
- Frets: vintage style
- Bridge pickup: 1 vintage style single-coil Tele pickup with alnico magnets
- Controls: master volume, master tone
- Bridge: vintage style with 3 saddles strings-thru-body Tele bridge
- Machine heads: Fender/Ping vintage style tuning machines
- Hardware: chrome
- Pickguard: 1-ply parchment
- Strings: gauges .010 “ .046
- Accessories: strap, cable, limited edition certificate of authenticity
- Case: Limited Edition center pocket tweed hardshell case (red interior)
Limited 1950s Esquire Electric Guitar
- Fingerboard radius: 7.25"(184mm)
No. of frets: 21
Scale length: 25.5" (648 mm)
Width at nut: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Pickup switching: 3-position toggle:
- Position 1. Volume control, (dark vintage circuit), no tone control
- Position 2. Volume control with cap. and tone control with cap.
- Position 3. Volume control only no cap. , no tone control