- #J33490 000002000CZ528754 J33490000002000CZ528754
Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 1957 Heavy Relic Stratocaster Electric Guitar, Maple
- Write a Review
The Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 1957 Heavy Relic Stratocaster Electric Guitar will thrill any Strat fan fortunate enough to strap it on. Close...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A meticulous recreation of an iconic year and model.
The Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 1957 Heavy Relic Stratocaster Electric Guitar will thrill any Strat fan fortunate enough to strap it on. Close inspection reveals the remarkable workmanship and relic treatment that makes Custom Shop guitar so special. It's available in a vintage combination of Strat specs. It has a lightweight alder body with a tinted quartersawn "AA" maple neck sporting a soft V back shape. The maple fingerboard has 21 medium frets with fret ghosting and a 9.5" radius. Relic vintage hardware, a 3-ply pickguard and three handwound Ancho Poblano Strat pickups come together to produce a fantastic look and classic Strat tone. Includes hardshell case.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Alder
- Body finish: Relic Lacquer
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Vintage soft U
- Neck wood: Maple tinted quartersawn
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fret size: Medium with fret ghosting
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.653" (42mm)
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Handwound Ancho Poblano
- Middle: Handwound Ancho Poblano Reverse-wound, reverse-polarity
- Bridge: Handwound Ancho Poblano
- Brand: Fender Custom shop
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Modern wiring
- Control layout: Master volume, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Vintage synchronized tremolo
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Limited edition Pickups
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Order this special Strat. Call Private Reserve today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition 1957 Heavy Relic Stratocaster Electric Guitar, Maple:
I own four strats, one MIM standard, one American standard with fat 50s, one American Deluxe with N3s, and this 1957 limited edition CS heavy relic. Mine is lake placid blue over pink paisley.
The strat looks amazing. Lake placid is a stand out color; however, there is not a bad choice on this build. All are unique and look fantastic. The relic job on my particular example is outstanding. The body looks like it has been though the ringer, and the dints ane paint wear/rub/chipping are spot on and very cool. The neck is worn right wear your expect and feels amazing. I could not believe how much better this neck felt over my American strats - perfectly broken in.
I was very skeptical and did not expect this strat to out play my American Deluxe. Wow, I was so wrong! The big frets and and worn soft v neck is the perfect combination for my style of play. I like to play thumb over the top and this shape lends to that perfectly. They guitar also came with a great setup and 10s, which is my preference.
This is where the guitar absolutely blew me away. The combination of the wood choice and the ancho poblano pickups is amazing. I usually practice through a tweed fender blues junior, and this guitar makes my American Deluxe sound and feel sterile. The lows are lower, the highs sparkle more, it is way more percussive, and the 57 responds to the touch like no other guitar I have played. You can go from spot on surf sounds, to Jimi, to SRV, to John Mayer with pickup selection and a amp volume / pedal. My other starts now sound like they are trying to mimic those sounds, whereas this 57 strat truly delivers those sounds. It really is night and day...I can't say enough about this guitar's tone and these pickups.