- J19742 000003001 J19742000003001
Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Golden 1951 Heavy Relic Telecaster with Gold Hardware
2-Color Sunburst Maple Fingerboard
- Write a Review
The Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Golden 1951 Heavy Relic Telecaster with Gold Hardware harkens back to a momentous period of Fender innovation....Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A model that harkens back to a momentous period of Fender innovation.
The Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Golden 1951 Heavy Relic Telecaster with Gold Hardware harkens back to a momentous period of Fender innovation. The year 1951 was a transitional year for the first commercially available solidbody electric "Spanish" guitar, when Fender changed the name of the instrument from Broadcaster to the historic Telecaster namesake.
For the very first time, Fender honors this highly limited model, recreating the late '51 Tele for vintage lovers everywhere. With premium features, custom colors and a meticulous relic treatment, each one is a true masterpiece, a celebration of the first true "custom-build" instruments and a nod to a remarkable era of exuberant creativity.
Features include a distinctive single-ply gold anadized pickguard, a '51 "U" shaped maple neck with modern 9.5" radius fingerboard and tall 6105 frets. A set of '51 Nocaster pickups recreates the shimmer and twang of early Tele models, and a heavy relic treatment has been dutifully applied to the body and neck, replicating the genuine wear and tear of a true vintage instrument. The guitar is also appointed with gold hardware, silver Tele headstock decal and watermark in honor of this significant model year.
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Ash
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Thin U
- Neck wood: Maple Quartersawn
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Maple
- Radius: 9.5"
- Fret size: 6105
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.65" (42mm)
- Configuration: SS
- Neck: Single-coil Nocaster
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Single-coil Nocaster
- Brand: Fender Custom shop
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Modern wiring
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: 3-saddle vintage-style
- Tailpiece: String thru body
- Tuning machines: Die-cast
- Color: Black chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Cable, strap, tools, certificate of authenticity
- Country of origin: United States
Own a piece of history. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.