- J48589 000001000 J48589000001000
Fender Custom Shop Limited Edition Robbie Roberston Last Waltz Stratocaster made by Todd Krause
- Write a Review
Honoring influential guitarist Robbie Robertson of The Band, the Fender Custom Shop is proud to present The Last Waltz Stratocaster, an exact replica...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Versatile sound and amazing looks.
Honoring influential guitarist Robbie Robertson of The Band, the Fender Custom Shop is proud to present The Last Waltz Stratocaster, an exact replica of the bronzed Stratocaster he used during the historic ‘The Last Waltz’ concert.
The Last Waltz Stratocaster is a rare, unique glimpse into the history of guitar modifications, specifically ones commonly performed in the ‘70s. During this time period there was no such thing as a valuable vintage guitar—there were only “old” guitars that were the perfect platform for experimentation. Pickup swapping, wiring modifications, hardware replacement—nothing was sacred, and everything was tried.
Master Builder Todd Krause replicated this classic instrument as closely as possible to the state it was in when Martin Scorsese filmed the concert. From the NOS tone capacitors and knobs with the same tension as the original, to the airbrushed headplug and “wear beneath the wear” on the neck, every element was reproduced as meticulously and accurately as possible.
Over the course of its life, Robertson modified his guitar to reflect his playing style and personal tastes. The most obvious modification is the instrument’s bronze coating, which was applied “Old World-style”; the guitar was actually dipped into bronze instead of the contemporary process of forming the bronze around it. Not only does this provide a thinner “skin” that doesn’t impede the guitar’s vibrations, it also allows the attractive wood grain to show through the bronze.
The pickup configuration reflects Robertson’s own idiosyncratic style. Originally a die-hard fan of the Telecaster, Robertson discovered the Stratocaster’s middle pickup got in the way of his picking stroke, so he simply replaced it with a left-handed pickup, selected to maintain the correct stagger height, and moved it to the bridge position to create his own HS Strat (possibly the first).
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Ash
- Body finish: Special Process Bronze Finish
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: 1954 V
- Neck wood: riff sawn Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Nitrocellulose
- Material: 1-piece Maple
- Radius: 7.25 in.
- Fret size: Vintage-style
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.65 in. (42 mm)
- Configuration: SSS
- Neck: Custom Shop Handwound '54 Strat
- Middle: Custom Shop Handwound LH '50s Strat
- Bridge: Custom Shop Handwound '69 Strat
- Brand: Fender Custom shop
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: None
- Control layout: Master volume, tone 1, tone 2
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 6-saddle vintage-style syncronized tremolo
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Vintage-style
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Certificate of authenticity
Own a unique piece of history. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.